Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I spent Sunday afternoon making a few ribbons. Here is my 4x Stetson with the wide ribbon. I could not find the color I wanted, so I over dyed a lighter ribbon.
b3fad600ec6cc4782d1e4ca16095b884.jpg
724dd3aa7526aee8bc43a557c11f8382.jpg
2c1410cc74f030b4179a8b586aa2f424.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Man Ed ! Great Job ! A Big Time Hatter couldn't do any better . Love the crease , curl , and ribbon . Nice Color Hat to boot .

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
I likely started this in the wrong place but wondered if others are rolling there own from blanks here?
Pass it off on being an enthusiastic newbie here :)

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-classic-cowboy-hat.92957/
gun, 1878 rig 3.JPG

Mods if this isn't allowed feel free to delete.

I saw you are a Cowboy Action Shooter. I am not a Cowboy Action Shooter but I do admire the guns of the old west. This is one of my rigs. I made the holster and knife sheath, but bought the gunbelt. I've got a Uberti Schofield in .45 Colt and the Uberti Model 1873 Rifle is in 44-40. The hat is a 5X Stetson from the 1980's.

Last edited:

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Darn nice work there DD! Hopefully, the Good Lord will let me stick around the planet long enough for me to retire and have some spare time to experiment with some of the awesome stuff you guys do!!! For now, I just get to admire your handiwork! :)
Thanks Mike! I sure appreciate that. I am retired but still lack time to mess around as much as I'd like. I tell my wife, I need to go back to work so I can rest!

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Nice work!
More into the history of the guns myself. Have Grampa's Colt and Winchester...which made me want a few of my own when I could afford them. I like messing with them almost as much as I like messing with hats :) But do like to shoot some.
Real Colts Yahoody? I think that 4.75 inch barrel Colt or Colt clone is my favorite handgun. Such nice balance.

"Real Colts?"

Of course! I do like it when folks ask though :) Politically incorrect one piece elephant ivory as well. At least it is really old ivory. How's this?

I have some Winchester 94's, a Hopkins & Allen Falling Block 10g shotgun that was my grandpa's, & the H&R pistol my mom bought my dad for their 1st Christmas together. But one of the things I am so happy to have & brings back memories is this cannon that my grandpa made as a teenager while working in a metal shop. It is just over 100 yrs old. As a kid I have loaded this up with black powder, tamped in a rag & a green walnut. Light the fuse & this little cannon would jump 2-3 ft into the air & shoot that walnut a long, long ways. This little cannon now sits on the hearth of my fireplace in my family room.

After he returned from WWI he made a bigger cannon & I have it also, out in my shop.

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have some Winchester 94's, a Hopkins & Allen Falling Block 10g shotgun that was my grandpa's, & the H&R pistol my mom bought my dad for their 1st Christmas together. But one of the things I am so happy to have & brings back memories is this cannon that my grandpa made as a teenager while working in a metal shop. It is just over 100 yrs old. As a kid I have loaded this up with black powder, tamped in a rag & a green walnut. Light the fuse & this little cannon would jump 2-3 ft into the air & shoot that walnut a long, long ways. This little cannon now sits on the hearth of my fireplace in my family room.

After he returned from WWI he made a bigger cannon & I have it also, out in my shop.

View attachment 106608

View attachment 106609

View attachment 106610

View attachment 106611
That little cannon is just too cool.An amazing piece of working folk art! And the history and family connection, priceless.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 106608

View attachment 106609

View attachment 106610

View attachment 106611
Wonderful!

Yahoody

One Too Many
"Man, what a beautiful sight."

Thanks. Really fun part is the lamp and buffet that all the guns sit on belonged to my great Grandparents. Both were ordered by and then shipped (as well as a big oak dinner table) to OKC shortly after the land rush. Amazes me knowing how many miles that thing has traveled the mirror is still original. Thankful every time we sit down at that table.

Real treasures for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk