• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Western, anyone?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by kokopelli, Dec 7, 2007.

1. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

Amen to the needle pricks.

2. Hurricane Jack

Hurricane Jack I'll Lock Up

With all the leatherwork you have done among other things, I'm sure you are quite accomplished.

Michael R. and Desert dog like this.
  3. Yahoody

Yahoody Familiar Face

4. Man Ed ! Great Job ! A Big Time Hatter couldn't do any better . Love the crease , curl , and ribbon . Nice Color Hat to boot .

5. Desert dog

Desert dog One Too Many

Thank you so much Michael! I appreciate that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Michael R. and Cornshucker77 like this.
  6. gun, 1878 rig 3.JPG

Mods if this isn't allowed feel free to delete.

I saw you are a Cowboy Action Shooter. I am not a Cowboy Action Shooter but I do admire the guns of the old west. This is one of my rigs. I made the holster and knife sheath, but bought the gunbelt. I've got a Uberti Schofield in .45 Colt and the Uberti Model 1873 Rifle is in 44-40. The hat is a 5X Stetson from the 1980's.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 7:49 PM
  7. Yahoody

Yahoody Familiar Face

Nice work!
    More into the history of the guns myself. Have Grampa's Colt and Winchester...which made me want a few of my own when I could afford them. I like messing with them almost as much as I like messing with hats :) But do like to shoot some.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 3:12 AM
  8. Darn nice work there DD! Hopefully, the Good Lord will let me stick around the planet long enough for me to retire and have some spare time to experiment with some of the awesome stuff you guys do!!! For now, I just get to admire your handiwork! :)

9. Desert dog

Desert dog One Too Many

Thanks Mike! I sure appreciate that. I am retired but still lack time to mess around as much as I'd like. I tell my wife, I need to go back to work so I can rest!

10. Real Colts Yahoody? I think that 4.75 inch barrel Colt or Colt clone is my favorite handgun. Such nice balance.

Desert dog likes this.
  11. Yahoody

Yahoody Familiar Face

"Real Colts?"

Of course! I do like it when folks ask though :) Politically incorrect one piece elephant ivory as well. At least it is really old ivory. How's this for short Colt's?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 3:51 AM
  12. Hurricane Jack

I have some Winchester 94's, a Hopkins & Allen Falling Block 10g shotgun that was my grandpa's, & the H&R pistol my mom bought my dad for their 1st Christmas together. But one of the things I am so happy to have & brings back memories is this cannon that my grandpa made as a teenager while working in a metal shop. It is just over 100 yrs old. As a kid I have loaded this up with black powder, tamped in a rag & a green walnut. Light the fuse & this little cannon would jump 2-3 ft into the air & shoot that walnut a long, long ways. This little cannon now sits on the hearth of my fireplace in my family room.

After he returned from WWI he made a bigger cannon & I have it also, out in my shop.

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

13. Desert dog

Desert dog One Too Many

That little cannon is just too cool.An amazing piece of working folk art! And the history and family connection, priceless.

14. Yahoody

Yahoody Familiar Face

That there is pretty cool! Green walnuts? Who'd have thought :)

15. Hurricane Jack

We (my cousins & I) didn't have any cannon balls but there were plenty of walnut & persimmon trees around. We had access to plenty of gun powder. A rolled cigarette paper or toilet paper worked as a fuse. Kids today aren't even allowed to be near anything lik that.

16. Yahoody

Yahoody Familiar Face

Yep, hard to believe we lived through all that fun stuff :)

17. Man, what a beautiful sight. :)

Desert dog, AbbaDatDeHat and Yahoody like this.
  18. Wonderful!

19. Yahoody

Yahoody Familiar Face

"Man, what a beautiful sight."

Thanks. Really fun part is the lamp and buffet that all the guns sit on belonged to my great Grandparents. Both were ordered by and then shipped (as well as a big oak dinner table) to OKC shortly after the land rush. Amazes me knowing how many miles that thing has traveled the mirror is still original. Thankful every time we sit down at that table.

Real treasures for us.

20. Yes! ;)

Waiting to see some pictures!

Yahoody likes this.