Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you snacking on?

You might have noticed that super girlfriend has a new toy:

The first result was this insanely good thing:

Kranzkuchen (Almond Cream Wreath)

Today produced this

Gugelhuph (which I've always known as a kugglehoff, which I assume is just a spelling issue from the Old World to the New)

And a peak inside

Last edited:
Lemoncurd(F2947..).jpg

Oopsy... :oops:;)

Super girlfriend baked up a batch of these bittersweet chocolate chip cookies with orange zest and Maldon Sea Salt on top (as can be seen). The orange-bittersweet chocolate combo is outstanding with the salt hit kicking it all up a notch.

I put this under the "What Are You Snacking On" thread, but here's the truth: She made them early today and I have had them for breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch and now again as a mid-afternoon snack. So, today, My entire diet has been a glass of milk, a can of soda, an Arnold Palmer Half and Half and, probably, a dozen cookies - that's it, nothing else.

Some days, you got to say, WTF.

SGF - who has been in all-day baking and cooking mode - knocked this chocolate cake with mocha buttercream frosting out for a friend's dad (who, really, has become our friend too - great guy and is such a nice dad to all of us):

I sampled the left over icing - purely for scientific reasons - and it is outstanding. Since the cake is a gift, we won't get a peak inside. :(

SGF went into full-on baking mode yesterday and today and produced these snacks:

Chocolate Mint Brownies - they're dark chocolate and not overly sweet, so they have a very rich chocolate taste with a nice pop of mint.

Apricot and Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies - nice butter cookie with the fruit adding a kick, also, the powdered sugar adds a nice texture element (we tried them first without the powdered sugar, but decided it was a good add).

After having this German Black Forest Cherry Cake (Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte) for desert last night, it will now become a snacking option for the next few days.

And cross posted from he dessert thread, my small kirsch story:

N.B., I had to buy Kirsch cherry brandy (see below) for the recipe and, while I knew I was buying brandy, for some reason I was thinking it would be a liqueur - which I should have been disabused of when I paid 44 bucks for the bottle. As super girlfriend was baking, I decided to try the Kirsch and poured a good-sized shot for myself - again thinking "liqueur" and that it would be sweet and not that "boozy." Well, I won't make that mistake again. It's a 90 proof brandy, not sweet at all and it took a layer of my throat off on the way down in one long burn.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk