Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Thanks Eddie, jolly kind of you to say so. The tie is a "Klipper" I'm sure you've heard of that make, you've probably got some.

And as for Luxire I've got 2 of their shirts and I'm very pleased with them. I've also got a few shirts from Natty Shirts, and whilst I'm very pleased with them also and the service they provide the Luxires somehow seem nicer, more properer if you know what I mean.

PS, how's the pullover coming along?
Brilliant! I've got dozens of Klippers - one of my favourite brands! I like it even more now I know ;)

I think I shall definitely go for luxire in that case. They seem to know what they're doing!

I never did get around to knitting my own, although one day I intend to find the time! But I dropped strong hints with my mother-in-law and she did me one for Christmas! A semi fair isle too! I'll send you a pic via email if I can dig your address out.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

EstherWeis

Vendor
Since it's rather cold outside...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,486

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Back from a short picking trip with a few western suits.

A pretty standard getup for me these days.
1939 dated Civilian Conservation Corps cap.
RRL coat, based on hunting coats from the 1920s.
Warehouse (Japan) repro denim jacket, based on chore coats of the 1920s-early '30s.
RRL based on western shirts of the 1950s.
LVC jeans, based on a 1933 model, heavily patched by me
Vintage studded belt with repro jeweled Indian motif belt buckle
Xtratuf boots

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Patrick, when I went to work on Wall St. in 1980, Brooks Bros. were still selling such nice three-piece suits at very reasonable prices. There was also a little men's shop right outside my building on Exchange Place where you could walk in at lunchtime, pick a fabric (including endless beautiful tweeds), get measured by a tailor, and pick up your new suit in about two days: all for very affordable prices. Funny, but it wasn't until just last year or so that I realized, to my great regret, how rare such shops have become (I left the financial for the academic world several years ago). Strange how quickly time passes and how much things change. Oh, and that is a very nice suit and a great look.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Funny, but it wasn't until just last year or so that I realized, to my great regret, how rare such shops have become (I left the financial for the academic world several years ago). Strange how quickly time passes and how much things change. Oh, and that is a very nice suit and a great look.

Thanks for your anecdote tropicalbob! Being born in '82, things were already on the decline when I exited the short-pants demographic. Honest-to-god haberdashers are sadly rare as hens-teeth, especially ones that actually make things rather than just market them. The three left here in Houston might as well merge, as they stock the same four brands of American made suit with HS&M on the low end and Oxxford in the stratosphere, in the same bland, paper-thin super fabrics. Thankfully, much of the good old gear is still floating around to be grabbed! But, count me among those who heartily wish Brooks Bros would overcome its amnesia, and be itself again.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for your anecdote tropicalbob! Being born in '82, things were already on the decline when I exited the short-pants demographic. Honest-to-god haberdashers are sadly rare as hens-teeth, especially ones that actually make things rather than just market them. The three left here in Houston might as well merge, as they stock the same four brands of American made suit with HS&M on the low end and Oxxford in the stratosphere, in the same bland, paper-thin super fabrics. Thankfully, much of the good old gear is still floating around to be grabbed! But, count me among those who heartily wish Brooks Bros would overcome its amnesia, and be itself again.
This is why I thank my lucky stars for finding this forum a few years back. A few weeks back my wife demanded that I accompany her on a present-buying safari to our local mall. I was absolutely astounded to see and feel the garbage such places as Banana Republic are foisting on the public, and which that public seem to be willing to buy. Real wool seems to have disappeared and been replaced by some ghastly, spongy material. I pointed it out to my wife in self-righteous defense of my dragging around my thirty or so suits and jackets through all of the places we've lived in (I've been blessed with a walk-in cedar closet in the home we've had for the past fifteen years).
As far as tweed suits, have you checked out Walker Slater in Edinburgh? Their suits look very nice, are reasonably priced, and have been praised by some of the Scottish brethren here on the Lounge. I'm saving up for one in the immediate future. Tweed-suit addiction can survive even the Tropics.

JackieMatra

A-List Customer
Back from a short picking trip with a few western suits.

LVC jeans, based on a 1933 model, heavily patched by me

More like a lot of patches with the remnants of some LVC jeans attached.
Rather like real southern Indian food, where there's a little food mixed in with all the spices.

Don't get mad.
I like just about everything else in your photographs.

(How is it that your significant other hasn't incinerated those things years ago? Just wondering.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points