Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I like the Fair Isle very much indeed, that's something that's definitely on my wish list.
Yes, I'm very keen on Fair Isle as well. Unfortunately it doesn't show up very much at my local thrifts.

Today, though, it's plaids and the question is how much is too much?
3-17-2016 Today's Clothes How Much Plaid is Too Much Edition by Michael A2012, on Flickr

As usual if you click through the picture I have some other views posted there.

Malrov Plaided Houndstooth Cap 100% Wool Union Made in the USA
Amana Woolen Mills Jacket 100% Wool Made in Amana Iowa USA
Sears Plaid Shirt 85% Wool 15% Nylon Made in Korea
Unknown Maker Plaid Scarf Wool
Unknown Maker Pant 100% Wool Loro Piana Fabric
Dexter Longwing Shoe Made in the USA

I'll try to practice mercy now and give you a break for a few days. Ha ha.

Michael

Heathfox

New in Town
After a morning spent mucking around the vegetable patch and chopping firewood.... Hat: Akubra, shirt and waistcoat: Filson, trousers: ??, boots: Repro M1931 cavalry boots by WPG.

Note: The slightly rude gesture is not aimed at the public, just at the photographer... :)

P1050565.JPG

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I found this three piece 1960s Masterpiece by Middishade suit at a church tag sale today. It was made for a store in Torrington Connecticut called Mason and Johnson. A really neat thing about this suit is that I found a note in the vest's pocket. It had a note from a teacher to the previous owner whose name was Mr. Galgano. Apparently Mr. Galgano was a teacher in Torrington and the note was from a fellow teacher telling him to update some info about a student.

The tie I also got at the tag sale. The tie is called "The Suburban", and is made by Columbus. I'm guessing 1960s for the tie as well.

The suit.
XbyIQsd.jpg

voR21Bs.jpg

VzdZvnN.jpg

The note.
P4p4LqC.jpg

A4yfln2.jpg

The tie's tag.
mcxtKKS.jpg

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sports suit finally done! It's made from original 30's pattern, with not so original cloth, but I like it. The waistcoat will be done within a week.

There's only one word for the above, and Michael A said it - fantastic. Your attention to detail is not only reflected in the care you gave to the suit, but also to the photography: in that last shot you seem to be dissolving into the light source emenating from the right. There's a whole story there. Just fantastic work. Cheers.

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Thanks! Unfortunately dressmaker either forgot, or intentionally didn't made a lapel buttonhole, which is quite big issue of a vintage suit.

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
Nice one Giftmacher. Shouldn't be hard to have a buttonhole added I think?

Can you tell us more about the suit, maybe post in the 'suits' forum, about the pattern you used, and your experience with the tailor etc, if you have the time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112