Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I picked up this wonderful Sullivan, Williams & Co. Ltd. sport coat yesterday at a local flea market/thrift store. It was made in London on August 20th 1963 according to the tag. It also has neat tennis racket buttons. I've never seen a 60s double breasted jacket before, let alone a 60s jacket with brass buttons. :D

OYBF4cA.jpg

0xgANtx.jpg

dvUiU5Z.jpg

Tommy-VF51

A-List Customer
Cool morning finds me donning tweed for the day.

i-T5cpwMz-M.jpg

Vtg. tie works well with the multi-hued tweed fabric.

i-X3FrS59-M.jpg

A vtg. Stetson Vogue and a Cordova Cap will accompany me thru my day.

i-t6KtfG6-M.jpg

Patterns work.

i-RW5VqgS-M.jpg

i-VHj5Kz7-M.jpg

Vtg. Allen Edmonds complete the outfit.

i-PtjNkj3-M.jpg

Best to all on this tweed day, Eric -

OUT-STANDING!

Is the suit un-darted to complete the '40s Ivy League Professor look?

Heathfox

New in Town
P1050937_2.JPG

I was splitting some beech logs that will eventually turn into chair legs. Wearing a vintage Pendelton shirt, traditional German carpenter's trousers and - leather slippers... Of course I don't work with heavy logs in those slippers, but I wasn't allowed to cross the house (to fetch the camera) in my work boots...

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Here's some stuff I picked up recently.

Farah slacks. I thought these pants were 60s, but the label made me a bit wary as it's the style the 80s. I'm still kind of unsure of when these pants are from because while the label appears to be the 80s one, the style of the pants appears to be 60s with short belt loops and a 13" rise. The shirt is just a K-Mart shirt.
CA9vWes.jpg

PhIy7uS.jpg

Saddles tab-collar shirt + what I think has to be one of the first Dacron ties ever made. I don't know when the shirt is from. It's made in Hong-Kong, but it's got a tab collar which you don't see very often these days. At a first glance, the tie appears to be a 40s or 50s tie because it is stitched as such and it is 51" long and 3 3/4" wide. Oddly enough, the tie is made from Dacron. I looked Dacron up on Wikipedia and if I am not mistaken it said that the name Dacron was registered in 1952. That would probably pinpoint this tie to either 1952 or 1953 because the tie is not sewn in the style of later 50s ties.
FKKokSW.jpg

0aoHhoW.jpg

VgHkoUg.jpg

Eagle shirt. Also a tab-collar which I had read was popular in the 60s. I'm not sure when this shirt is from.
KNEaR9x.jpg

rIe8xN4.jpg

Huntmaster by Resilio. If my research was correct, it seems Resilio was a company owned by Wembley. This shirt is really interesting because it appears to be a long-sleeve polo shirt, but it has button cuffs, seemingly wider collar with collar stays, 4 front buttons, and a front pocket. I must admit I'm quite clueless when it comes to polo shirts, so I'm guessing this shirt is from the 60s or 70s.
nU3M2nL.jpg

1iaFAzR.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112