Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Claudio

Vendor
HI Pat,
I only (mostly) wear stuff from my own label. I get the caps made in Southern Italy by a father and son shop (based on my specific designs as wide crown caps like this are un existant in Italy)

Claudio

Vendor
This was 2 weeks ago (fold back 'bond' cuff shirt, buckle back flat front high rise baggy parallels, 3 button coat, spectators )

pjimage-43.jpg

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Today, brand new (Dead-Stock 1970s - obviously from the re-use of a 1930s pattern) suit (the original crease was still in it, and the pockets hadn't been opened!) suit that I picked up yesterday through an acquaintance with a very old warehouse......And a sealed dusty crate in the back of said warehouse......Yes. sand-gray small scale HBT suit with dark sage green alternating with the pinkish-sand gray threads; single vented, broad lapel, structured but not over-done natural-ish shoulders (similar to a Southwick), flapped pockets; broad moderate gorge notched lapels (think J.J. Gittes' diamond weave tan sport-coat), 2 button front, 4 button cuff, matching super high-rise trousers with cowboy pockets (so yes, obviously flat front) and diagonally plain hemmed. Worn with russet colored cap toe bluchers with a country profile, russet pebble grained and white edge over-stitched leather belt with silver buckle dress belt, russet/cordovan-ish finish lizard skin leather watch strap on my hexagonal faced 1936 rhodium plated Elgin wind up wrist watch, Art Deco pinkie ring with a deep cognac colored citrine, assorted other silver jewelry and tie clip, avocado green point collar dress shirt, hot pink/raspberry colored cashmere socks, orange silk pocket scarf with burgundy/wine colored bar stripes, yellowish ivory necktie with orange and dark green foulards/neats, cornhill gray, Jet 707 Dobbs. tobacco brown leather briefcase. I keep thinking this'd look great with my chisel toe russet brown cowboy boots with their Cuban heels.....Perhaps next week. A note on the fabric; it is in a weave or weight that I can only describe as Summer Tweed. It is sheer enough for a Spring or Autumn day, and thoroughly wooly and stiff, at 100% wool as far as I have been able to surmise, but it is very lightweight and even....dare I say....Breathable? Weird, but Awesome. The lining is also avocado green, even in the sleeves. There is no label, never has been, and was apparently made for a left handed individual as there is no left breast pocket in the interior. I am assuming that it was at least some sort of custom job? I don't know, and the crate wasn't taking any questions during the inquest - only an unreadable and faded out bit of pencil writing on a piece of paper stuffed into the outer breast pocket, looked like a purchase slip or invoice. It fits Perfectly.

Last edited:

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Went out with the Missus and a friend to a "1923-Themed Speakeasy" last saturday night. Had fun in my 3-piece navy blue pinstripe suit: View attachment 73181 View attachment 73182
Does the vest have an adjusting strap in the back? Have you considered perhaps having your tailor install some suspender button straps on the vest? They're straps that hold your vest in place onto your suspender buttons on your trousers. I have them on a few of my suits. They really keep everything trim and in place. Nice material and cut on that suit!

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Over here in Burbank it's supposed to be in the mid to high 80s, and probably hotter within the intervening region between Burbank and my home in the Western end of the Central SFV......I'm wearing ivory twill double reverse pleated RL Colonials with cuffs, an ivory and mild yellow fresco weave cotton silk shirt with snap down collar points by Armani with a sort of '90s re-does the 40s vintage vibe, chunky Summer style orange cotton knee high sport socks (Tommy Bahama), russet and ivory blucher spectator wing-tips, and a herringbone/checkerboard weave palest sand colored lazy/pseudo-peak lapel 2 button single vented patch pocketed coat to one of my new suits (a Nino Cerruti), for which I'm still awaiting the completion of the trouser alterations; the jacket is made up in raw silk and mohair from what I have been able to gather and has a strong horizontal textural weave/grain with the little blurbs like in shantung silk. I have a plain sheerest Irish linen pocket kerchief in the breast pocket, and am wearing it with a beat up (see somewhat miss-shapen) Panama hat with a drastic curve to it's brim down toward my right hand side. I'm wearing it with an Art Deco styled 1930 necktie in dark rust, ivory, and pale earthy orange in a 3d effect geometric of cubes with a window effect in the centers of the cubes. Silver tie clip, rhodium plated and silver Art Deco pinkie ring with topaz colored citrine stone, Art Deco silver ring finger ring from Grandpa, and Art Deco 1936 Elgin hexagonal faced wrist watch with Russet colored lizard skin strap.

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Grey Bill's M1 trousers, ochre vintage Pendleton loop shirt, brown vintage Woolrich short coat, brown leather dress boots and to top it off a brown 3X Stetson. Pretty much the same as every day.:)
Please describe the boots. Are the boots western dress boots, or if not, describe them, regardless. What model of Stetson are/were you wearing? What was the cut of the Woolrich short coat?

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Today; LRL Colonial Trousers in HBT weave with double inverted pleats and cuffs, super high-rise, tobacco brown, green Fire-Man's/Police-Man's suspenders, wine colored cotton lisle socks, English Tan cap toed Oxford shoes, wine tie from the 50s with small blue red and yellow rosettes, silver tie clip, Art Deco pocket watch and dog-bone chain, silver Art Deco pinkie ring with amber colored citrine, Art Deco Grandpa's ring on right ring finger, wedding band, golden-rod yellow and white striped BB button down collar shirt, cornhill Dobbs Jet 707, homespun sack notch lapel SB sport-coat in medium-dark sand with patch pockets, and single vent; deep wine colored raw silk pocket scarf. Excuse the suspenders; my regular set for the brown scale, is having the box-cloth center strap replaced by my cobbler (after 20 years), also the leather roundel at the confluence of the Y of the straps. The green is a bit jarring, though it does match the half-lined lining of the jacket.....

cargo pants?......I might have tried that with a white polo, or a white polo with blue or red horizontal tiger-stripes and some khaki trousers for a more balanced look over all. I like the cardigan. - As it stands; very modern.

It's an old, simple poly/cotton-summer trousers, I'm wearing usually not outside. In todays terms, it's a Bermuda-Cargo-mixture.

Brand "U.S. Sports". ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ