Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What art is in your home?

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
For several years I've admired this young artist and her whimsical style. Her partner makes the pottery and she decorates it. Last year we took the plunge and purchased a small vase at one of her exhibitions. Here are three of the four delightful illustrations on it:

furnshowIngridspipesartJan2010062.jpg

furnshowIngridspipesartJan2010063.jpg

furnshowIngridspipesartJan2010064.jpg

The artist is Denise Duong.

Chas

One Too Many
Studio promo for Jean Harlow; I have a number of nice Gliclee prints that cost me a small fortune.

PICT0019.jpg

Painting reproduction of Tamara De Lempicka's "Adam & Eve"

PICT0018.jpg

Brinybay

Practically Family
Went hunting for more decor for my humble abode. First stop was a huge antique mall in the sodo district. Found Parrish's "Daybreak" in a bat-winged frame, but for $395, I passed. The frame had stress cracks on each corner anyway. Didn't spend much time there because it was already 2pm and wanted to beat feat out of that area before the horrendous Seattle rush hour started.

Headed to the northern burbs town of Edmonds and stopped at an antique mall where I got this print. I saw it the last time I was there but hesitated. Now that I know more about the cost of things, particularly art, I got it this time around. It helped that the particular dealer had everything marked 20% off. I'm glad I got it, looks great on my wall (especially after cleaning the glass). R. Atkinson Fox "The Good Ship Adventure." (Thank you Foofoogal for your great information and links!)

GoodShipAdventure.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Edward S Curtis Photos

I'm getting ready to refurbish my small studio condo, and decided to use Edward Curtis prints and Japanese woodblocks...just because it's kind of a man-cave, and I like this stuff - living in Seattle, it's easy to get interested in such stuff. Attached are a Curtis platinum border print and a Japanese tissue photogravure that are roughly the same size and will probably occupy a small wall after framing. I also have a couple of the large format gravures that will end up on one of the larger walls.

Does anyone else have similar interests?

ES-Indian_ShepherdMed.jpg

11Before_the_StormMed.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Japanese woodblocks

These will also end up on walls, but still unframed - all 1800's woodblocks. As usual, I have accumulated way too much stuff for my walls, but at least have some flexibility :eusa_doh:

Chikanobu.jpg

HiroshigeAkasaka.jpg

TriptycToyokuniGaI3.jpg

TriptycUnk3.jpg

Pompidou

One Too Many
I have a book of art, but no framed paintings. The book is of H.R.Giger, and when I have the means to make it a priority, I plan on collecting his work. Giger is the artist who designed the xenomorph aliens of the Alien franchise - really dark, biomechanical/sexual/fetish sort of art and sculptures.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lovely items..!

Really like these :eusa_clap

Chas said:
Studio promo for Jean Harlow; I have a number of nice Gliclee prints that cost me a small fortune.

PICT0019.jpg

Painting reproduction of Tamara De Lempicka's "Adam & Eve"

PICT0018.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have a Raiders one-sheet that I love. My ex still has the framed Falling Water print we got when we visited the site years ago. We took a long time picking out just the right frame and double layer matting to blend with the print. That is probably my favorite building in existence. Next time Im there I'll have to take a picture of it.

baudelaire

New in Town
Our main pictures are Gustav Klimt reproductions, pretty much everything else in a frame in a mirror. Oh. And Claudette's Rhapsody in Twilight. Mirrors count as artwork as long as you're looking in one.
:)

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
ScottF said:
These will also end up on walls, but still unframed - all 1800's woodblocks. As usual, I have accumulated way too much stuff for my walls, but at least have some flexibility :eusa_doh:

Chikanobu.jpg

Those are all fabulous but I really like how striking this one is and I love to simplicity of it too.

Bouncer

New in Town
PADDY said:

We have the same coupled with the unfinished husbands portrait.

We also have various repos of Frida Kahlo's work as well as Diego's Calla Lillies.

Some Navajo originals and my personal favorite, the Picasso Don Quixote. I have been a Quixote fan since I was a kid!

Bouncer

New in Town
ScottF said:

Chikanobu.jpg

HiroshigeAkasaka.jpg

TriptycToyokuniGaI3.jpg

TriptycUnk3.jpg

LOVE these woodblocks!

We have a few depicting the 47 Ronin saga. Specifically Kuranosuke Oishi and his son.

Beautiful work!

LordBest

Practically Family
Some ancient art from my collection:

normal_RSC1%20Plautilla%20UNC.jpg

Empress Plautilla, AD202. Finest known example.

theodosius2~0.jpg

Theodosius II, gold Solidus, struck AD430-440.

normal_SyracuseAgathokles4dr.jpg

Syracuse, Sicily. Agathokles tetradrachm, 301-305BC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112