• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by kiltie, Jan 14, 2009.

1. kiltie

kiltie Practically Family

I'm a steadfast creature of habit: not unwilling to try new things, I just tend to stick with what I like. So here's a thread, not necessarily for making recommendations, but just to see what the day to day is like. Did you break out the good stuff for a special occasion, or just a couple of Buds with buds? Try something new? Maybe tell us where you imbibed...

Last night, for me, was a double Jameson and two pints of Bridgeport IPA with a friend, sitting at the bar where they know our names and bring the beer without our having to ask. :)
  2. Cody Pendant

Cody Pendant One of the Regulars

Whats for Breakfast?

Carolans Irish Cream and coffee, at my desk , reading this thread.
    I am big on experimenting, and keeping my favorites. I tend to try something new every week along with the regulars. chow
  3. Mr. Paladin

Mr. Paladin My Mail is Forwarded Here

I don't vary from my preferences much; Islay scotch (Laphroig is best-White Horse blended if I'm drinking cheap), sharp bourbon (Old Granddad), and Spanish Torres Imperial 10 brandy.

So far this is the Texas thread...;)
  4. Tangoman

Tangoman New in Town

Too much. :(
  5. just_me

just_me Practically Family

V8 juice mixed with vodka, hot sauce, Old Bay seasoning, and stirred with a stalk of celery.
  6. Martini's - - Lots and lots of Martini's! :D
    (it's cold outside :) )
  7. KittyT

KittyT I'll Lock Up

Beam and soda
  8. Caroline

Caroline One of the Regulars

half a mai tai made with the Trader Vic's mix, lime juice and Trader Vic's rum - I was anticipating insomnia but CNBC put me to sleep...
  9. Blanton's...on the rocks baby. I'm a sucker for good single barrell, small batch whiskey. Keep the bar well stocked so as to indulge myself on occasion. ;)
  10. Miss Pinup

Miss Pinup New in Town

A glass of red wine which was lovely!

11. dnjan

dnjan One Too Many

A glass of the house red wine (don't even know what is was) while attending a German Discussion Table at a local restaurant. (this place hosts foreign-language discussion tables most nights - German is Tuesday)
    Don't know if the wine helped either my pronunciation or vocabulary, but it at least gave me the courage to try ...

MEDIUMMYND One of the Regulars

Half a bottle of Tanners claret superb. :eusa_clap
  13. ortega76

ortega76 Practically Family

Drank half a bottle of Romance Red from Cooper's Hawk Winery. Unfortunately, my wife is on anti-biotics for a sinus infection. So no wine for her.
  14. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy One Too Many

Snort from an old Bottle of WIld Turkey Russell's Reserve. The 101 proof stuff... :D
  15. Big fan here of Russell's Reserve. Good choice. Last night for me was Bookers/rocks.
  16. kiltie

kiltie Practically Family

Another IPA, this time Abita, shivering like a mangy dog on my front porch last night. Just enjoying the few cold days here in my own perverse way. I'm hoping Dixie will make a comeback. Anyone know anything those poor guys?
  17. hollowpond

hollowpond One of the Regulars

John Daniels (when you've known him as long as I have, its John) on the rocks in a double old fashion glass. I'm just as curious about what type of glass I drink out of as what is in the glass. My wife came home the other day with some stemless martini glasses...no way am I drinking out of that!

Tonight I believe I'll have a Bombay Sapphire martini (two olives and one onion) and drink it out of the old glasses just to make a point.
  18. Highlander

Highlander A-List Customer

Jim Beam Black...On the Rocks
  19. dnjan

dnjan One Too Many

A glass of Willamette Valley Vineyards 2004 Barrell Select Oregon Pinot Noir with dinner (fantastic, jammy strawberry nose, but doesn't really follow-up with an equally impressive taste and finish), followed by a red blend from the paso robles area, with cheese (can't remember the name of the wine - I was more interested in the cheeses). Dessert was a glass of Smith Woodhouse 1995 LBV.
    All-in-all, a good evening ...
  20. I had a really awesome pisco sour at the best cocktail bar in Copenhagen, Ruby. I can't resist the creamy sourness tinged with a dash of bitter... Yum!