Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

The sherry cask Macallans are superior the their Fine Oak offerings. I would never turn down Macallan 12.
I would agree with you that the Sherry matured is better than their fine oak. If I am buying a bottle & it is not on deep sale I would add the caveat that there is better whisky at that price point. And I would say the same thing for Highland Park; I like Highland Park just fine but there is better whisky at that price point.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Some Blood and Honey

36350d395676ee154b3fefbbcd99e46c.jpg

Couldn't identify it until you mentioned it. I'm okay with dry and it wasn't tart enough to be bitter for me.
It wasn't bitter to me either. It just wasn't complex. All I was getting was the flavor of dried apples or green apples. That's why I was wondering if Chamuco & now you got any more flavors from it. I know he prefers a Blanco & that may be the reason why. This Dobel blend is certainly more complex & has a lot more going on flavor wise.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
If we split 750ml we will end up buying everyone in the bar new Akubras.
As we were leaving for home on our last trip to the US, I saw a super litre size bottle of Jack Daniels for the dollar equivalent of ten pounds, I had to have that. Back home, I got through that bottle far too quickly. Fearing she might see it, I thought that I might buy a small bottle and top up my large duty free one, to hide the evidence.
When I saw the price, of even a much smaller bottle, I thought: "At that price, I'll take the nagging."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana