Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Need to buy some more Grey Goose as I found a new (for me) Bloody Mary mix. Tomorrow.
Right now it is a few Angry Orchards chilling in a bucket of ice while relaxing out back in the shade of 96 degree heat. Life is grand.
:D

I have had the standard JW Blue. Its nothing special, since at that price, you can pick up a few really good single malts.
I've had JW Blue before also & as you say there is better whisky at that price point. What makes "Year of the Ram" so much more expensive is the commerative blue bottle. Did you read what Kershaw spent on those 200 bottles?

During Happy Hour tonight I drank several drams of Sauza Tres Generaciones Tequila. It's an Anejo & supposed to be Sauza's best but I was not too impressed. If I was served it again sometime I wouldn't run away, but I wouldn't buy it again.

I've had JW Blue before also & as you say there is better whisky at that price point. What makes "Year of the Ram" so much more expensive is the commerative blue bottle. Did you read what Kershaw spent on those 200 bottles?

During Happy Hour tonight I drank several drams of Sauza Tres Generaciones Tequila. It's an Anejo & supposed to be Sauza's best but I was not too impressed. If I was served it again sometime I wouldn't run away, but I wouldn't buy it again.

I've had the Sauza TG before, and I agree with you. I didn't care one way or the other.

"Aged at sea". Sounds gimicky.
They don't need to compete with Islay.
It's a bourbon so it's not competing with Islay. It may have a bit of the sea air & sea salt taste from the casks like some Islays do. I just think it will be more spicy than what I like.

newsman

One of the Regulars
Not a blessed thing. Not a drop in two days. Not since I work up at dark-30 Sunday AM with a massive hangover (didn't drink enough to warrant this) and had to drag myself to church.

I'm not afraid to say I was askin for forgiveness.

But it wasn't as bad as the great hangover of 1994. That was sponsored by Killians Irish Red and Wild Turkey...and I made a deal with God...let me live and will never drink Killians again.

I have been true to this. No Killians.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider