Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Who does not love a loyal bartender? :D

I'm not the first one to notice this (maybe the last), but a loyal bartender can make life better.

We go to an inconvenient-to-us bar - walk by at least 15 bars on the way (I kid you not, this is NYC, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a bar or two) - to go to a bar in our old neighborhood because the bartender is such a nice, low-key guy who is outstanding at his job.

You feel like you are walking into a friendly place that's happy to see you when he's there. Well worth the walk. Wish we could find a similar place in the newer hood.

Sam Adams Oktoberfests (as in plural, wasn't counting). Tis the season for Octoberfests, Stouts & other dark beers. The wheat beer mowed grass taste is over!

The wheat beer mowed grass taste is over!

Nooooo...

OK, I with you on the season for darker beers. I love those as well (although I do have a few Radlers in the fridge that need one more warm day to enjoy). Unfortunately those are at the farm and I can only find an old PBR in the back of the fridge here in town. Oh well ... PBR it is!

Last night, g&t with the one of the last limes on the trees. Enjoyed it while bbq'ing the chicken.

Lime off the tree - very nice.

We grew a small lemon tree in our apartment - went from six inches high to 4 feet high in about five years and gave us about twenty lemons a year, but what lemons. They were insanely juicy and, obviously, fresh (very thin skinned and, thus, very easy to squeeze all the juice out of). I used them exclusively for French 75s or Tom Collins - they were that good.

Then we moved and, as an interim step, had to store him with a neighbor for several months who, unfortunately, wasn't able to keep him alive. We've been discussing starting over with a new one.

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
Lime off the tree - very nice.

We grew a small lemon tree in our apartment - went from six inches high to 4 feet high in about five years and gave us about twenty lemons a year, but what lemons. They were insanely juicy and, obviously, fresh (very thin skinned and, thus, very easy to squeeze all the juice out of). I used them exclusively for French 75s or Tom Collins - they were that good.

Then we moved and, as an interim step, had to store him with a neighbor for several months who, unfortunately, wasn't able to keep him alive. We've been discussing starting over with a new one.
We have a good sized lemon tree as well, which produces an abundance of fruit. We used them all up over the summer, and are waiting for the next crop to ripen: we've quite a few that are just barely starting to turn yellow. I squeezed quite a few and froze the juice in ziplock bags. Alas, gone, gone, all gone.

Who does not love a loyal bartender? :D
Substitute bartenders must meet certain qualifications.

qwy73q.jpg

Early into a bottle of Glenlivet Founder's Reserve Single Malt Scotch that was a gift to me awhile back. First impressions are that it is quite unusual for a Scotch. Orange & apple citrus flavors with some caramel or toffee late. Thick & oily mouth feel. Probably better served in a handcrafted cocktail than served neat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana