Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

kiltie

Practically Family
Is it tacky?

Last night, I had Wild Turkey honey blend. It was alternately great and terrible. Terrible because of the unsettling feeling that I was a step away from Thunderbird in the whitetrash department. I got it as a gift at Christmastime ( won it, actually... ) and had put it off thinking it was gonna be rotten. It was not. Anybody else had this stuff? It's ridiculously drinkable, but I'm just curious if anyone else sees it as being a bit...uhhhh...
I have every intention of replenishing my stock, regardless, just interested about the general outlook.

hollowpond

One of the Regulars
kiltie said:
Last night, I had Wild Turkey honey blend. It was alternately great and terrible. Terrible because of the unsettling feeling that I was a step away from Thunderbird in the whitetrash department. I got it as a gift at Christmastime ( won it, actually... ) and had put it off thinking it was gonna be rotten. It was not. Anybody else had this stuff? It's ridiculously drinkable, but I'm just curious if anyone else sees it as being a bit...uhhhh...
I have every intention of replenishing my stock, regardless, just interested about the general outlook.
I'm with you kiltie. I generally steer clear of the sweet stuff, and when I tried it I had stacked the cards against it before I had even tried it. But...it actually had a decent flavor. Nice round bourbon whiskey flavor (nothing extraordinary) with a touch of honey. And not an artificial honey taste, but the taste of actual honey. I wouldn't go out and buy it, but I will no longer turn my nose up at it. It tastes good (maybe because thats an old cough remedy out here in the woods...been drinkin the stuff since I was 12! A spoon full at the time anyways.)

kiltie

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
How so? Isn't it a liqueur? [huh]

If you mean the Wild Turkey, it's 75 percent by. It's just got honey in it. Dunno - like it's trapped between whitetrash and "girl" drink ( 'cause, you know, I don't like to label people :eusa_doh: ). I liked it though, and will likely keep some around for when I'm feeling squirrelly.

dnjan

One Too Many
CopperNY said:
Kostriker schwartzbier.
On rare occaisions I will run into Kostritzer on tap here in Seattle. Great stuff! First had it in Germany many years ago, and I was really glad to see it available here. I don't know if they still use the same slogan, but years ago it was: "The black beer with the blonde soul."

CopperNY

A-List Customer
dnjan said:
On rare occaisions I will run into Kostritzer on tap here in Seattle. Great stuff! First had it in Germany many years ago, and I was really glad to see it available here. I don't know if they still use the same slogan, but years ago it was: "The black beer with the blonde soul."

now it's "Germany's #1 Black Lager".

a comparable product (and superior imho) is Saranac's 'Black Forest'. the Kostriker has just a little too much sweetness on the finish for me. of course i also live about five minutes from the F.X. Matt brewery, so it might just be local pride.

dnjan

One Too Many
Beer always tastes better closer to the source. The slogan for one of our local breweries (Hales) is "Think globally, Drink locally."

CopperNY

A-List Customer
Sierra Nevada 'Torpedo' IPA.

SN's hop-head offering. very nice. just as much hop flavor as, say, Dogfish 60min IPA; but smoother with no 'burn'.

super tasty with a spicy meal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points