Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
A Belgian take on India Pale Ale?! What is it like?

A few of these. Maybe more than a few? ;)
c97d8944baa1aa0c7f3e7684542d4af6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What did I drink last night? Everything...as my Cubbies went down in a blaze of fiery incompetence. They couldn't "dodge" a bullet so when they went down by 8 runs early beer (Half Acre Daisy Cutter) turned to vodka (Tito's w/lemon slice)...and I have a headache from Hell to prove it. Time to root for an AL team I guess. Feel dirty even typing that.

Brothers Brewing Hoptimization. From VA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
That's sounds like it might have a hefty ABV! I just went thru (over a weekend mind you) Revolution brewing's League of Heros (4 different and quite disticnt IPA's). Turns out I don't have the right stuff to hang in that league. With the lowest at 7%...both Friday and Saturday night saw my exit stage left occurring earlier than usual and in places I don't normally choose to sleep.
IMG_6420.JPG

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Guns & Oil American Lager.
To be honest, I bought this thinking it was a Texas Ale Project product. The packaging is much the same.

Rather an odd thing, the company is in Austin, but they say they have the beer brewed in Fort Worth and Colorado - makes me wonder if it is really a Miller-Coors product. This would explain why it isn’t very good.

It tastes like an average mass-produced lager, at craft brewing price. PBR is better!

b91d40b4967d52137c4c93b28431b826.jpg

Cheers! David

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Nothing. I fell asleep at 6:30 and woke up at 1 am. Couldn't get back to sleep until 4:30.

Had been up since 5 and had driven back to base, 2.5 hours' drive.

Tonight, however...

If you're tired already of Pumpkin Ale everything, Granite City has their Tap Party next wk for their Zug Zwang Vanilla Porter, a traditional Porter with the flavor of a roasted chocolate with real vanilla beans for a rich caramel flavor. At an ABV of only 5.2% it's a winter favorite around here, while it lasts. $5 growler fills on Monday 10/30.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points