• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by kiltie, Jan 14, 2009.

1. The dregs of a bottle of mint-flavored Kahlua received as a gift last Christmas.
    Delicious, but soooo very sweet that I can only manage a little at a time... and I forgot it was in my cupboard.

BobHufford likes this.
  2. Hurricane Jack

Hurricane Jack I'll Lock Up

I was gifted a bottle of Five Farms Irish Cream, a premium Irish Cream new to the market, by a friend in the business. I haven't broken the seal yet but will be come Thanksgiving weekend.

3. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

Samuel Adams 20 Pounds of Pumpkin... it was good, but a bit overly spiced.

4. Desert dog

Desert dog Practically Family

One of my absolute favorites. Waiting for it to hit the local market. Then to find some Bigfoot!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5. Hurricane Jack

A new Half & Half with Sam Adams Oktoberfest under Guinness.

6. Afternoon drinking with @EstherWeis in Antwerp[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dnewma04, ton312, Fading Fast and 3 others like this.
  7. Last night ...this morning. I'm thankful that my daughter's boyfriend came bearing gifts.

[​IMG]

Julian Shellhammer, 1mach1 and ton312 like this.
  8. There's an old German bar, Rolfs, that I've been going to for almost 30 years and for 20+ of them with my girlfriend. It's in an early 20th Century building with the interior looking like it was last updated in the '30s (basically a FL kinda place).

The charm is that ⇧ (its age) plus that, at Christmas time, it goes uber-in on Christmas decorations - over-the-top crazy. It's kitschy, but it works.

The food is traditional German (wiener schnitzel, potato pancakes, brat this and that, etc.) but we mainly go for the atmosphere and fun drinks like mulled wine - occasionally, we'll split an order of something at the bar.

About five or so years ago, the original owners sold out and the new owners - who I'm guessing paid a lot of money for this very successful bar - have been slowly and sadly taking it in the wrong direction. In the late afternoon, the old owners use to bring out small sandwiches as free bar snacks - nothing elaborate, but fun. That's now gone. You can't run a tab without giving them a credit card (no big deal, but emphasizes the transactional nature and makes you feel distrusted). The staff in general is not friendly anymore - there's a hardness about them. Also, they took out about half the bar stools so that, when it's busy, they can fit more people in. And, finally, of course, the prices have been going up and up.

So, we went from kinda regulars to now only going once or twice a year at Christmas to take in the atmosphere - have an obnoxiously overpriced drink or two - and move on. Yesterday was one of those two days. Since it was just the girlfriend and me for Thanksgiving, we took a mid afternoon walk down to Rolfs - had a couple of mulled wine and apple ciders - and came home for Turkey.

I snapped the below shots to share.

IMG_4486.JPG IMG_4488-2.JPG

1mach1, ton312 and BobHufford like this.
  9. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

Yesterday.

While we have some great breweries in the DFW area, I’ve not always been a fan of Wild Acre Brewing - their beers often taste a little watery to me.

That’s not the case with Super Hawk Double IPA. Great beer with a ton of good flavor. 10.1% ABV, but easy to drink.

[​IMG]

Cheers! David

Bamaboots, 1mach1, ton312 and 2 others like this.
  10. Big Lebowski is on...so...White Russian.

Bamaboots, Fading Fast and 1mach1 like this.
  11. Now that sounds like a great afternoon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

BobHufford likes this.
  12. ton312

ton312 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I made the mistake of starting my night here, on a lunchless Saturday. North of 6.5%. It's going to be an early night.
    IMG_6992.JPG

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Bamaboots, 1mach1 and BobHufford like this.
  13. Belgian Brown Abby ale[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

BobHufford and ton312 like this.
  14. ton312

That's the one man! Love that leffe brune! That one is delish and won't hurt you! I saved my Saturday with some Stella...

1mach1 likes this.
  15. Julian Shellhammer

Julian Shellhammer One of the Regulars

A Czech pilsner whist enjoying The Red Hot Barbecue Blues Band. Both were fabulous.

16. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

Last night I tried a couple bottles of this brown ale called Moose Drool. It was surprisingly good despite the off putting name.

ton312 likes this.
  17. ton312

Brewed here in the Chi?

18. Hurricane Jack

Jefferson's Reserve Small Batch.

BobHufford and Bamaboots like this.
  19. Hurricane Jack

Five Farms Irish Cream on the rocks. From Cork; very rich.

Bamaboots, BobHufford and Desert dog like this.
  20. Nothin' fancy, just lot's of beer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk