Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

CopperNY

A-List Customer
Stone IPA with a light meal of sopressata, aged Irish cheese and locally baked pumpernickel.

nightcap was a 'Dark and Stormy': a shot of Cruzan black strap rum with 6oz. ginger ale.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
On a fearfully Hot Australian afternoon I am having a few Quiet cold ones

draft.jpg

kiltie

Practically Family
CopperNY said:
Stone IPA with a light meal of sopressata, aged Irish cheese and locally baked pumpernickel.

nightcap was a 'Dark and Stormy': a shot of Cruzan black strap rum with 6oz. ginger ale.

Stone is pretty good, and pretty available, but my favorite bar has Bridgeport on tap; really good stuff.

kiltie

Practically Family
yobbos1 said:
A nice bottle of Shiraz. Bantrock Station. Good glow on the cheap.;)

ABSOLUTELY! That and Rosemont ( or is it ...mount - I forget. ). At about $8 -$10 per bottle, it's hard to beat.

As for me, supporting the regional economy again last night: Shiner Bock, and some tequila that was too expensive for someone who doesn't really appreciate it ( I'm a mid range whisky (key) kinda guy ).

CaptainB

Familiar Face
Ok, I have to admit it tasted like something, but I tried to avoid to partake more :D

Yesterday it was:
Laphroaig 10y.
Laphroaig 15y. (for comparison :))

Wil Tam

Practically Family
Dos Equis was on sale at my local supermarket so I stocked up 2 cases on Saturday.

We had a few of them yesterday and as a nightcap some 24 year old Highland Park.

kiltie

Practically Family
CaptainB said:
Ok, I have to admit it tasted like something, but I tried to avoid to partake more :D

Yesterday it was:
Laphroaig 10y.
Laphroaig 15y. (for comparison :))

I know where you're coming from when this is related to your other posts. I usually go Irish, and when I go Scotch, the most extravagant I get is a 10yr Aberlour. However, a few years back, I got a little loose at a place called the Golden Bee in Colorado Springs. I ordered up Laphroaig for my table and man...
That first sip changed the way virtually all Scotch tastes to me now. Even Johnnie Walker has a whole different...something. Almost like camphor[huh] - that smell. Potent stuff.
Anyway, once you get hooked on that sorta thing, it does kinda make you a snob. Even with my lower end proclivities, I long ago reached the point where bourbon has virtually no flavor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk