Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

farnham54

A-List Customer
Just launched my own business! I'm doing private bartending for weddings, dinner parties, corperate functions, etc.

Check it out here: www.m3bartending.com

I'm also doing a monthly column for Ren, a "Drink of the Month".

I do private consultation work, and i'm also a student. So I wear a lotta hats; Jack of all trades, master of none, but I'm working on it! :p

Cheers
Craig

Johnnysan

One Too Many
I work in the comunications department for a statewide labor union. My main duty is to maintain the organization's web site, but I also write articles for the web and our publications and take photos. I've been at this job for the last three years. Prior to that, I was an investigator with the state EPA.

elsewhere

Familiar Face
I buy & sell vintage clothing, accessories, furniture & decor :cool:

... and I used to be a bartender. I still sometimes fill in at my old bar & at our local Elk's Lodge.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Unemployed but looking for work. I'm finishing up a Master's in History in a couple of months, and who know what I'll end up doing after that. Finally earned a BA at the age of 36, and now an MA at 38, so everybody's hoping I'm just a late bloomer, instead of a guy that doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up! Boy, do I have them fooled! :cool2:

Brad

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Avoid work at all costs.

Abscounder, good for nothing, malingerer. Work in the public sector, with a specialty in telling others what to do. Have a limited wardrobe. Am often annoyed by people with many problems. Seeer of things unspeakable. Thick siknned to the extreme, finding humor in trajedy. Nothing else to add.

Tabitha

New in Town
I am a delivery driver and dock worker. We have to wear uniforms at work. Quite a contrast to my vintage dresses and heels. No one ever recognizes me in my "street" clothes.

Oscar Tong

Familiar Face
My jobs

I refill ink-jet printer cartridges at Island Ink-Jet and moonlight as a volunteer apprentice IT consultant. Since my primary job pays little and gives me few working hours, I am currently seeking a second job. I hope to get a government job, work as a computer service technician, or work as an office assistant. (I bet that if it were not for my subpar social skills and inability to drive a hard sell, I could easily get a job as a salesman at any menswear shop.)

Forrestal

One of the Regulars
I design, engineer and sell hospital communications systems; Nurse Call systems, in house wireless telephone systems, infant abduction security systems etc. Our company has been in business for 59 years.
Regards,
Forrestal

macawber

Familiar Face
I'm a forest ranger, and have been for many years. I love it no matter what I"m required to do. the bushland reveals new stories every day. Not so long ago I discovered a platypus, one of the most strange animals you can find in the world, in a creek only 4 feet wide. I believed they would need a larger body of water to make a living, but seeing is believing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21