Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
My Penman Hat Co hat, "The Penman" came today just as the snow started. Sorry for the crummy pic; more pics (still of the crummy variety) are posted in the New Hats thread.

i-6vDXwGq-M.jpg

Beautiful hat Greg. The specs & the Cattleman crease always work well for you. Not knowing anything about the listing or the frenzy, I'm glad it arrived safely. Look forward to seeing you wear it.

Thanks, HJ. I keep trying to fill that OR void with clones. The 'frenzy' I speak of is the listing was in classifieds here and was over a year old when several of us discovered it around the same time. I just happened to be the first getting a message to the seller who is in the UK, asking and surprised to find that it was still available.

Still awaiting arrival. Projected delivery by the 12th.

Well I did the deed and placed an order with Bob at BlackSheep on Monday. My wife and I were in Seattle and decided to take a side trip to Bremerton and the Washington sea shore. Had a great visit with Bob and it was tough to decide.
Chose a Tonak loden green heather felt. Wanted beaver initially but the Tonak heather was just different enough. Didn't want to replicate something I already owned in colour, felt and style. So now the order is in and the wait begins. On the upside I will have a new hat for winter 2017.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
The UPS site tells me my Northwest custom should be delivered Monday, 1/16. One problem: My office is closed that day. Maybe I should put a sign on the outer door addressed to the UPS driver to please attempt delivery on Tuesday?

(Mike dropped the hat off at UPS on Friday. On Monday it supposedly moved to Portland, OR. The next "event" is not until Friday??? Are they driving it across the country in a Yugo or something?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ