Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

32285227233_920fb653c8_o.png

A hat, a girl, a spittoon...

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I've got this beauty coming in the mail, hopefully tomorrow, from Mike at NW Hats. It's a Whippet clone, light grey with a dark grey ribbon and brim binding. I'm thinking it's a little lighter color than in this photo. Six-inch open crown, 2 5/8-inch brim. Can't wait!]

That hat is truly a stunner! Congrats to Mike and yourself for teaming up on this gorgeous fedora. Best, Eric -

Today I've found this Stetson. I paid only $19,42 plus shipping.
Arrives next week. Any insights about dating the hat are welcome. The card says 1938...
View attachment 68842
View attachment 68843 View attachment 68844 View attachment 68845
Almost 3 1/2 MILLION hats "inadvertently" picked up!?!?!?!?! No wonder the hat business was so good back then......everyone was always replacing a "lost" hat!!!!!!!! Probebly is the TRUE reason for the decline in wearing hats.......eventually everyone eventually said "screw it" I am not replacing anouther hat!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will just go without!!!!!!!! And who can blame them?
M
GREAT historical archive by the way......nice 30's Stetson!

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Almost 3 1/2 MILLION hats "inadvertently" picked up!?!?!?!?! No wonder the hat business was so good back then......everyone was always replacing a "lost" hat!!!!!!!! Probebly is the TRUE reason for the decline in wearing hats.......eventually everyone eventually said "screw it" I am not replacing anouther hat!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will just go without!!!!!!!! And who can blame them?
M
GREAT historical archive by the way......nice 30's Stetson!
Quite possible... LOL

I've got this beauty coming in the mail, hopefully tomorrow, from Mike at NW Hats. It's a Whippet clone, light grey with a dark grey ribbon and brim binding. I'm thinking it's a little lighter color than in this photo. Six-inch open crown, 2 5/8-inch brim. Can't wait!

View attachment 68829
This is another fine custom from Mike! Can't wait to see it on your head all creased up and beautiful. Anticipation....

Just ordered an Akubra Camp draft in Moonstone from hats direct. Got a promotion and decided to splurge on my First new hat. All my hats are vintage and I got them either free or for like $5.

It comes with an open crown tho and I don't own a hat steamer so...ya

Teakettle or distilled water will work on an Akubra.

Or hell wear it in a rainstorm and then shape it!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points