Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

When I looked up a Racine it sure does look like that.....it seems the Racine is no longer available and perhaps turned into the Premier Whippet line of hats. Whereas the Racine was available in apparently one color the whippets are available in 5..........interesting.....I suppose the Whippet name sells better....
M

I think the Racine crown might be a bit more tapered. I'll have to look at the catalog. Same color scheme, though.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
309d69fb9144d6551aa35aca62efef80.png

2ce36cdd6e125180da4414786f30fcf2.png
dbd908dc2c60a3d85674ad75a1f1c007.png

I missed out on a Stetson one years ago and just saw this pop up on my eBay feed this morning. Heading my way[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I am currently waiting for a hat I sent to our BOND here to refurb it with a new ribbon set up on the brim and around the crown...(it is in the conversion corral thread)....nothing was major wrong to begin with but...the brim was off and sort of an egg shape, it was a wide ribbon a TonyB hat...no matter what we always loved his ribbon work on wide ribbon hats..he had a style of his own that just looked better to us then other hatters...but it just did not get any head time...Daniel just likes his thin ribbons so much and I agree they look better on him. I am also a fan of thin ribbons for myself to wear.

The hat is done and will be heading this way soon....haha!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Oh and next hat project soon...a custom....or two...or is it three? HOHOH! I want another Esther hat...Daniel wants another Alley Kat hat...and I want to buy one hat from Art Fawcett for Daniel...that about covers it...(no pun intended) really!

marathon_preview.jpg

Penney's Marathon heather felt with spiral stitched brim. No other bidders. Seems like I've seen it before around here?
That is a really neat hat!!! I REALLY wish that just half of the cool, old, awesome hats that show up on ebay (at GREAT prices to boot) would show up for us big headed fellows.............
M

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I'm waiting on this refurb from @navarre , Bob at Black Sheep Hat Works is finishing up my Royal Stetson. Just needs the ribbon/bow reattached. It's been cleaned, reblocked, reflanged, a new period-correct liner added, and the contrasting brim binding and ribbon/bow are being reused.

Notice from the old pics: a floppy, wavy brim, the wear spot on the front pinch, a too small liner that made the front crown crease in if you put the hat on low (how I wear Fedoras).

I'm very anxious to get this one back in the rotation again!

i-H8tgrCF-L.jpg

i-4qgj5jC-L.jpg

i-GTZZHBz-L.jpg

excellent...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto