Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
8240efe9ac106651f51d1e37cbfff682.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Lol. :) WHEN???

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Yer just the opening act.
you ever hear the story about Van Halen opening for Journey in 1978 ?

they blew them out of the water

or Steven Tyler pulling the plug on Kansas when Kansas was opening for Aerosmith ... Kansas was smashing them to bits and Tyler couldn't take it ...
but the bass player of Kansas was like 6' 6" 300lbs and tore Tyler up for pulling the plug

yeah that dude in the middle

header1.jpg

Last edited:

or Steven Tyler pulling the plug on Kansas when Kansas was opening for Aerosmith ... Kansas was smashing them to bits and Tyler couldn't take it ...
but the bass player of Kansas was like 6' 6" 300lbs and tore Tyler up for pulling the plug

header1.jpg

Looks like Leslie West.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

header1.jpg
Good stories. The opening acts always got a shitty sound check and never the big mix and volume the headliner got.

The only time I was supposed to see Kansas, they didn't show. They were opening for...somebody. Uriah Heep or Nugent or somebody.

The next day in the paper, the review said Kansas was fantastic.

I wonder what he was smokin'.

Oh, and I can single-handedly cancel an Aerosmith show simply by buying a ticket.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
The only time I was supposed to see Kansas, they didn't show. They were opening for...somebody. Uriah Heep or Nugent or somebody.

The next day in the paper, the review said Kansas was fantastic.

I wonder what he was smokin'.

Oh, and I can single-handedly cancel an Aerosmith show simply by buying a ticket.

if you've never seen the Kansas doc. Miracles Out Of Nowhere I highly recommend it
it is very very good ... great even ... you will not regret seeing it

such a great story

Good stories. The opening acts always got a shitty sound check and never the big mix and volume the headliner got.
Sometimes that's not such a good thing. Back in 1989 I caught The Rolling Stones on their Steel Wheels tour, and the opening acts were Living Color and Guns N' Roses. Living Color was very good and Guns N Roses were great (despite Axl's much reported meltdown the night before), but when the Stones took the stage it was immediately apparent that something was wrong. It was as if someone decided to show the "kids" how it's done, and turned the Stones equipment up to eleven. The end result was badly distorted music coming from the speakers for the first half of the Stones' set, at which point someone apparently realized how bad they sounded and turned everything down to nine.

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
I'm really enjoying this Borsalino, so much so that I wore it again today to a business meeting in a swanky hotel in town.

The felt is soft, yet keeps its shape, light but dense, perhaps the seller was right that it is 1960s or 70s. Given that the extensive thread on identifying the age disproved all means other than determining pre or post 1985, I guess it will just be one of the hat mysteries, but happy to give it a good home.

a70e14699c01620e2d68e292e962bd63.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
you saw it Doug ?

really really good
I was referring to the band, Kansas. But I have only seen parts of the documentary on Youtube and from what I've seen it's goose bumps excellent. I LOVE music and the really great stuff gives me goose bumps... a great story combined with great music is tops in my book.

RomanImperator

One of the Regulars
I almost snapped up that Barclay. I love that color combo.

Here is the Barclay cleaned up and shaped (in various lighting):
IMG_20170614_160231.jpg

IMG_20170614_160255.jpg

In this pic the top half of the picture is the original stitching of the sweatband and the bottom half was done by me with needle and thread. I think it came out good for my first time re sewing a sweatband:
IMG_20170614_193130.jpg

IMG_20170616_163252.jpg

IMG_20170616_170437.jpg

IMG_20170616_170350.jpg

IMG_20170616_170335.jpg

Cleaned up very well IMO. Glad I pulled the trigger.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here is the Barclay cleaned up and shaped (in various lighting):
IMG_20170614_160231.jpg

IMG_20170614_160255.jpg

In this pic the top half of the picture is the original stitching of the sweatband and the bottom half was done by me with needle and thread. I think it came out good for my first time re sewing a sweatband:
IMG_20170614_193130.jpg

IMG_20170616_163252.jpg

IMG_20170616_170437.jpg

IMG_20170616_170350.jpg

IMG_20170616_170335.jpg

Cleaned up very well IMO. Glad I pulled the trigger.
That felt cleaned up nice, Good work! I love that color combo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana