Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Here is a teaser for a common color (grey, black band) fedora from 51 to 57.......store closed in early 58 discounting all the inventory so would not have been ordering new stock.....
Hat looked a little rough, hope it is not too bad, I can re-block it, we shall see........kind of a grail hat for me.....sold originally in Chicago
M
s-l1600 (13).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Here is a teaser for a common color (grey, black band) fedora from 51 to 57.......store closed in early 58 discounting all the inventory so would not have been ordering new stock.....
Hat looked a little rough, hope it is not too bad, I can re-block it, we shall see........kind of a grail hat for me.....sold originally in Chicago
M
View attachment 89749 View attachment 89750 View attachment 89751
nice ... that would most likely be on the later end of your date estimate based on that tip crest ... late 50s... even more commonly early 60s

nice ... that would most likely be on the later end of your date estimate based on that tip crest ... late 50s... even more commonly early 60s
Thats what I thought only the store that sold it closed in 58...........their name is embossed on the sweat........so 57-58 is late 50's....;)
M
PS The store's closing IS documented in the Chicago Tribune.

indeed ... but you stated 51-57

you would not have seen this crest in the OPS era or even in the years soon after ... I'd say '57 at the earliest
Yes, my bad.......I meant , 51-57 was when the store operated at the location identifed on the hat. Shop discounted everything and closed early 58 as indicated by (then) contemporary advertising.......
Sorry about that......
M
PS: I was not sure how early that crest was used but did think to be late 50 early 60 myself, until I learned the store closed in 58. That gives a much tighter timeline, other than I do not know when that crest was introduced, but obviously before 58.....the size tag was a keyhole with the fractional size indicator only without the whole size......not sure how that fits into the timeline.....
And thanks Moon, you knowledge really helps in these situations.......
M

Last edited:
M
Nice, can't wait to see the results.

M
Nice score!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points