Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Hats cost money? I hadn't noticed. :)
My wife now, yeah, she's noticed.
ezgif.com-add-text.gif

Oh, come on. We need more photos than that.
Well, all I can supply are the sellers .....it is supposed to be a dark brown......2 3/8 brim.....should go good with a suit!
So here are more....has a wind cord.....NO IDEA as to vintage....do not know anything about Borsos......I would suppose a fairly new one.
M
s-l1600 (10).jpg
s-l1600 (8).jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Well, all I can supply are the sellers .....it is supposed to be a dark brown......2 3/8 brim.....should go good with a suit!
So here are more....has a wind cord.....NO IDEA as to vintage....do not know anything about Borsos......I would suppose a fairly new one.
M
View attachment 95531 View attachment 95532
Probably 60s or slightly newer based on the liner seam alone

Borsalino has of this vintage are still very high quality hats ... nothing like the 60s and 70s American made hats

Oh, come on. We need more photos than that.

What hat am I waiting for?........this one! Outside an 8 panel, my first entery into this club.....
M
View attachment 95522 View attachment 95523 View attachment 95524

Oh, thats a terrible hat. I'm so sorry you bought that. In fact, I feel so bad for you I'd be willing to take it off your hands. Maybe you can package it up with that St. Regis I still regret missing out on? :)

Really though, that is a great hat. It looks all business so I get what you mean by pairing it with suits. Very very nice.

Oh, thats a terrible hat. I'm so sorry you bought that. In fact, I feel so bad for you I'd be willing to take it off your hands. Maybe you can package it up with that St. Regis I still regret missing out on? :)

Really though, that is a great hat. It looks all business so I get what you mean by pairing it with suits. Very very nice.
You need have NO regrets on the minty homburg......ended up being a 7 1/2 .....NOT the 7 5/8 advertised.....clearly id'd on the blocking tags.....sweat was so dry I injured it looking behind......everything was there including the $12.50 price tag. It was a little shrunken as well (mainly due to the dry sweat) and is currently unwearable unless I was a 7 3/8....... I am working to rejuvenate the sweat ( a lengthy process) but may end up replacing it. Otherwise the hat is as clean and nice as they come....and does date from the 40's.......so....a awesome project hat.
M

You need have NO regrets on the minty homburg......ended up being a 7 1/2 .....NOT the 7 5/8 advertised.....clearly id'd on the blocking tags.....sweat was so dry I injured it looking behind......everything was there including the $12.50 price tag. It was a little shrunken as well (mainly due to the dry sweat) and is currently unwearable unless I was a 7 3/8....... I am working to rejuvenate the sweat ( a lengthy process) but may end up replacing it. Otherwise the hat is as clean and nice as they come....and does date from the 40's.......so....a awesome project hat.
M

You know I was just messing with you. Still, I do feel better now. I'm between 7 5/8 and 7 3/4 so it never would have worked.

Congrats on that sharp Borsalino. I think that one will turn out to be sized right. Looking forward to seeing photos.

You know I was just messing with you. Still, I do feel better now. I'm between 7 5/8 and 7 3/4 so it never would have worked.

Congrats on that sharp Borsalino. I think that one will turn out to be sized right. Looking forward to seeing photos.
I know......I was actually contemplating a pm to let you in on the results of that St Regis........I know how we all think and how we do have those "little twinges" of regret...;) I still think about YOUR grey......I was the other buyer asking questions and ready to pull the trigger on that one:rolleyes:. BUT, I am glad you got it as it seems to have instilled a pasion for those hats and you are really enjoying it.:)
Best,
M:):):):):):):)

Probably 60s or slightly newer based on the liner seam alone

Borsalino has of this vintage are still very high quality hats ... nothing like the 60s and 70s American made hats
You have really surprised me with the 60's dating....I was thinking much, much newer (of course I really do know nothing of these hats) ......nice surprise....looks in absolutely great shape......and your comments on Borso quality of the period........you now have me really, really looking forward to getting this in my hands......be nice to "feel the felt" as Champ Hats used to say......
M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ