• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What hat are you waiting for today?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Jazzcat, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Good get, Jack. Love the brim.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Zombie_61 and Hurricane Jack like this.
  2. Desert dog

Desert dog Practically Family

3. Wow! That is a stylin' hat.

4. Hurricane Jack

Hurricane Jack I'll Lock Up

Thanks guys. I'll try to get better pics, maybe tomorrow.

Zombie_61, Redfokker and Desert dog like this.
  5. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

6. What size are you? Have you measured, sorry if I missed it. Ebay may be your friend (or foe) if you are not of the giant melon crew.

Zombie_61 and deadlyhandsome like this.
  7. Zombie_61 and M Hatman like this.
  8. Great hat in a great color. Did you get the regular or the deluxe? I'll keep and eye open for your photos when it arrives.

Desert dog likes this.
  9. Desert dog

Desert dog Practically Family

Thanks dh, it is the deluxe. My silver belly is the regular finish and I like it a lot. If the moonstone is as good, I will be happy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Zombie_61 and deadlyhandsome like this.
  10. Hurricane Jack

Moonstone is only available in the Heritage grade.

11. Hurricane Jack

Thank you Richard. I like it a lot.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  12. I had two different people measure me today, each doing it three times. There were some discrepancies, but I think we all pretty well agree that I'm 58cm (which, according to the guide translates to 7-1/4). That puts me on the low end of size L.

So, we'll see. I have another hat due to arrive tomorrow I found on Etsy (dang, you guys can be hard on a fellow's wallet!). It's listed as a 7.25
    [​IMG]

It's a Flechet from the 1980s. It's Velour with satin lining and made of imported furs. Excellent vintage condition.

Bill Hughes, steur, Zombie_61 and 2 others like this.
  13. This will be a nice hat. I think you will be well pleased. As a 7 1/4 myself, there are many hats available on Ebay right now that will whet your hat whistle. I'm sending you a PM.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  14. I am a 7 1/4 but what is the problem is that I am almost a long oval but not quite a regular oval so I am ovaly confused.

Redfokker likes this.
  15. Tonio

Tonio One of the Regulars

16. steur

steur One Too Many

Cornshucker77, Redfokker and Tonio like this.
  17. Tonio likes this.
  18. Long oval hats are my best fit. Egg Heads Unite! You can find the LO hats, but they are not as plentiful. Some careful stretching can give you some room as well. Go custom, a good hatter (there are many here on the lounge) can measure your noggin and create a former in your specific head shape.

Cornshucker77 likes this.
  19. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

+1