Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

You'll like Peter's Bros.hemp.

It's really light and airy. I think it's going to make a great summer lid.

Shane did my Milan Hemp. Hes good. Did they have any Stetsonians...? ;)

No, sorry. They don't have gobs of stock hats, and seem to mostly concentrate on the westerns. There aren't stacks of Stetson and Borsalino boxes, just some racks with a few factory hats. I should have taken some pics...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
It's really light and airy. I think it's going to make a great summer lid.

No, sorry. They don't have gobs of stock hats, and seem to mostly concentrate on the westerns. There aren't stacks of Stetson and Borsalino boxes, just some racks with a few factory hats. I should have taken some pics...
Dont kno why many dealers don't stock the Stetsonian. Shane makes the Milan Hemp pretty stiff. Nature of the beast or maybe mine is just stiff. It will at least hold its shape well.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Waiting for a Stetson 7X Clear Beaver. Should be here by Mon/Tue. I'm trying not think about it. Hopefully this one will fit me perfect. I've had several and sold them all.

B

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
very much looking forward to seeing it
Greetings! I'm a newbie to this forum, and wanted to introduce myself. My infatuation with fur-felt hats started a few years ago when I purchased a couple of Bavarian style specimens to wear at the German-American club here in Louisville. But now the fedora bug has bitten me hard. I'm currently waiting on a Chicago from Optimo in Brownstone with a Nicotine ribbon, and a Draft Camp Deluxe in Silverbelly from Akurba, purchased from Hats Direct. Both should arrive within the next couple weeks; and I can't wait! I may be back to ask for some advise on how to bash my Camp Draft, as I've never done this before.

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Crusader
welcome home first of all ... you have come to the right place

I think if you casually peruse the "what are you wearing today" thread you will see a number of fantastic bashes

couple that with any questions and I think you will find everything you need here pertaining to your concern with bashing your CD

there are some masters here who I myself have learned from ... and am still learning from

to me the most fun thing about hats is putting your personal stamp on an open crown

let us know when your hats arrive .. can't wait to see them

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Greetings! I'm a newbie to this forum, and wanted to introduce myself. My infatuation with fur-felt hats started a few years ago when I purchased a couple of Bavarian style specimens to wear at the German-American club here in Louisville. But now the fedora bug has bitten me hard. I'm currently waiting on a Chicago from Optimo in Brownstone with a Nicotine ribbon, and a Draft Camp Deluxe in Silverbelly from Akurba, purchased from Hats Direct. Both should arrive within the next couple weeks; and I can't wait! I may be back to ask for some advise on how to bash my Camp Draft, as I've never done this before.
Need to work on my proofreading: of course, I meant "Camp Draft" and "Akubra."

Welcome, KY Crusader. You'll have fun here, and you'll learn a lot. Like Moon says, putting your own mark on an open crown is a blast. CDs are great hats, and I can't wait to see your Chicago.

g.durand

One Too Many
I'm looking forward to this mid-brown RM Williams Akubra, which should arrive Monday. From everything I've read, it's basically a pre-creased Campdraft. The first order of business will be to re-block it, re-flange it if necessary, and hand-crease it. Hats by the Hundred in Brisbane has them listed currently at $115 USD.

rmwilliams-hat-brown-main.14358274152_zpsb6foimhf.jpg

rmwilliams-hat-brown-front.14358274151_zpsodlchzr4.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I'm looking forward to this mid-brown RM Williams Akubra, which should arrive Monday. From everything I've read, it's basically a pre-creased Campdraft. The first order of business will be to re-block it, re-flange it if necessary, and hand-crease it. Hats by the Hundred in Brisbane has them listed currently at $115 USD.

ah... I have the same one coming

very much looking forward to mine as well

was exciting to get the email that my size was finally in stock ... and they sure disappeared fast once again

got mine from Australian Gear ... and yes it will be reblocked immediately

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family

This led me to ordering the same hat.
http://www.australiangear.com/mens/country/rm-williams-by-akubra-mid-brown.html
Should be here in a week and a half. Can't wait, but have to...

g.durand

One Too Many
moon and Fed, we will have to compare notes on the R.M. Williams, then. By the way, it looks like the Australian Gear and Hats by the Hundred websites have the same format. I think they're the same outfit.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
moon and Fed, we will have to compare notes on the R.M. Williams, then. By the way, it looks like the Australian Gear and Hats by the Hundred websites have the same format. I think they're the same outfit.

I thought the exact same thing

same layout ... same stock ... something tells me same company

Yeah, me too! Can't wait to get mine.

jhoops01

One of the Regulars
Bushman, that's a nice newsboy! I've been debating about getting the RM Williams hat, but probably waited too long. I've got a brown Campdraft coming, as well as a new Northwest hat. Plus a couple of caps! I may have to start using the shoe and purse defense with my wife.

Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ