Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Lawman milan straw Trooper. Now I'll have a Trooper like Bob Hufford!

qrn61j.jpg

iylt37.jpg

55rn79.jpg
Thanks, Jack. I'm a fan of the the Trooper.

I think that will look great on you. Are you going to put some sort of "badge" on it?
I'll just have to wait & see how anything I have would fit size wise. I am a descendent of the Tumlinson family who are one of the "Old 300" who went to settle Texas with Stephen F. Austin, and several were early Texas Rangers.

vndv2s.jpg

This is the style of badge some of them would have carried but I have nothing like it, & it's a pin back anyway.

23korok.jpg

I have a Southern Cross of Honor that was issued around the 50th anniversary of the war but it might be too big & it's a pin back also. I do have a small CSA lapel pin that is a screw back.

Or maybe the grommet will just be there for my 3rd eye.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Nutria Bama ! Man !

HJ , Crocket's last cabin is like 10 miles or so in Rutherford TN . And my buddy in Abilene said we had family that went down at the mission with the rest . Great history!

I've still got the Gannon's on the way . Thought about the BGGCD , may kick myself not ordering it , too , but I did finally crack and ordered the Woomera I've been pining for . Ships 6-9 days from the order date , and I posted about the sale and the exchange rate down further right after ordering . It's in Sand , and Woomeras have thick felt I know . Looking forward to that one , ought to be fun . The next day , I think , Dinerman had me thinking about the Bush Tucker Somrero man Hat , looking good !

Epemethius

New in Town
That pre -1900 bowler I was waiting for? It arrived looking wonderfully worn and used. The 71/8 does not fit me. it fits my son Josh perfectly. The heck with the cheap trilbys, his is now the coolest dude in town. Some people say he is "developmentally delayed". Meh. He certainly has killer style. I also promised to show him A Clockwork Orange.

Josh:

upload_2016-5-27_15-58-16.png

A Clockwork Orange:

upload_2016-5-27_15-59-39.png

That pre -1900 bowler I was waiting for? It arrived looking wonderfully worn and used. The 71/8 does not fit me. it fits my son Josh perfectly. The heck with the cheap trilbys, his is now the coolest dude in town. Some people say he is "developmentally delayed". Meh. He certainly has killer style. I also promised to show him A Clockwork Orange.

Josh:

View attachment 50577

A Clockwork Orange:

View attachment 50578

Definitely a sharp dresser! Congrats, Epe!! We'll look for him around the Commonwealth!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stetson Forest Service
I found and sold one of these to Jimmy the Lid in 2005. Loved the hat and have been looking for one in my size. Finally found one and it's on its way!

See more in this thread -> http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/stetson-3x-western-fedora.54026/

B

View attachment 50559
What a fantastically great hat! I can't imagine you see these very often. For the last couple of years I've become more and more enamored of fedoras with a Western feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21