Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

sufidancer

New in Town
I'm waiting for a Resistol 5 star 20x beaver in black. I tried so hard to resist the Resistol but in the end I succumbed. It was just to nice to pass up. I hope it is as clean as it looks. It seems to be a older hat, I do not believe they make this version any longer. Which of course is my rationalization for pulling the trigger.

Attachments

• Resistol 20x front.jpg
    Resistol 20x front.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Resistol 20x inside 2.jpg
    Resistol 20x inside 2.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 131
Hide all the large frying pans...you'll be fine!
I used to think the old "got hit with a frying pan" thing was just one of those slapstick clichés you would only see in movies or the "funny papers". But in the mid-1980s a male co-worker came to work one Monday morning with one side of his face bruised and swollen. Initially he told everyone that he had tripped and fallen in a parking lot, but later confessed he'd made the mistake of getting into a heated discussion with his wife while she was doing the dishes and before he knew it he was laying on the kitchen floor trying to regain consciousness because she had backhanded him with a frying pan. :eek:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I used to think the old "got hit with a frying pan" thing was just one of those slapstick clichés you would only see in movies or the "funny papers". But in the mid-1980s a male co-worker came to work one Monday morning with one side of his face bruised and swollen. Initially he told everyone that he had tripped and fallen in a parking lot, but later confessed he'd made the mistake of getting into a heated discussion with his wife while she was doing the dishes and before he knew it he was laying on the kitchen floor trying to regain consciousness because she had backhanded him with a frying pan. :eek:
Some frying pans make their own "ping or wham" noise when deployed with a lot of force!

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
After a 3 1/2 month wait for my Akubra BGGCD, it finally arrived today. Pictures posted in the new hat thread.

Now, I'm in the que with Gannon. Michael advised it would be an approximately 8 week wait time and would let me know when he's getting started on it. I was hoping to have it by my birthday (as it's technically a birthday present from the miss' to myself), but that's the 25th of December and I think a 6 week turn around is a little unrealistic. No biggie though; I'm happy to be in the que.

Now to try and forget about it.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
In the queue with Northwest Hats. Spoke with Mike today about doing a hat style he has listed as 1902 which I take it to mean a 1902 Campaign Hat, he originally made one for a former Marine. I changed the color up and asked for Dark Green Moss and a olive drab ribbon. Now 3 months of waiting.

Mike seems to be a good guy, enjoys talking hats with you.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I'm waiting for a Resistol 5 star 20x beaver in black. I tried so hard to resist the Resistol but in the end I succumbed. It was just to nice to pass up. I hope it is as clean as it looks. It seems to be a older hat, I do not believe they make this version any longer. Which of course is my rationalization for pulling the trigger.
Those are not made anymore.

In the queue with Northwest Hats. Spoke with Mike today about doing a hat style he has listed as 1902 which I take it to mean a 1902 Campaign Hat, he originally made one for a former Marine. I changed the color up and asked for Dark Green Moss and a olive drab ribbon. Now 3 months of waiting.

I think that 1902 is a great looking hat.

Like I need another brown hat......picked up another Stetsonian from Ebay today in Mink. The same seller as I picked up my Cariboo. This one too is a show sample, so technically used but pretty much new. Great price, they gave me a further discount as a repeat customer (maybe they felt sorry for an addicted soul)....would have been foolish to let it pass by, right?

You won't be sorry! Can't wait to see this one.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Her name wasn't Emily, by any chance, was it?

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm expecting the return today of my black Peters Bros. hemp Stratoliner that I sent back for a straightening out of the brim. It had developed a weird curl in the back from the spacer I had inserted in the sweatband. I'm also in line for an Alley Kat special and hoping it won't take too long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk