• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Featured What Hat Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by AlanC, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Fortino37

Fortino37 Familiar Face

Summer hat

Today I am wearing my Telescope Dobbs Panama from the 50's, a real beauty.

2. BuddyJ

BuddyJ One of the Regulars

My favorite ball cap - A white cap with the blue embroidered logo of the Society of Automotive Engineers. It was once white but is now stained with grease, grime, and sweat after many hard hours working on cars. I spent 4 years in college working with SAE building race cars for their Formula SAE program, competing in Detroit against schools from around the world. As a Journalism student, I caught a lot of flack from engineers and had to prove my worth. My final year in the program, the brake system I helped design and fabricate took first place, beating out such top schools as MIT, Leeds, Cornell, UTA, and Wollongong. So I earned my hat, and I wear it with pride despite it's look.

3. Alan, I have emailed two pictures of my Tropic Aire to Panama Bob and I believe he will post them for me. If not and someone wants to volunteer I can email them pictures to post on my behalf. I am trying.:eusa_doh:

4. Today's straw!

Today I'm wearing an Alexander supreme quality straw hat. It's a stingy brim only 2" with a 2" pugaree ribbon.

[​IMG]

5. My very bright fuschia B!Wear linen cap, because it matches some of the colors in the Hawaiian shirt I am wearing.

I plan to sit out on the porch and drink ice tea. It is hot here.

karol

6. A blue Knox today. It is the perfect weather for a short brim.

7. Just kicking back

With one of my cuenca's from Panamabob, great hats, great value.

[​IMG]

8. DOUGLAS

DOUGLAS My Mail is Forwarded Here

Montecristi Homburg

This one just came in last night.
    [​IMG]

9. bolthead

bolthead My Mail is Forwarded Here

Wow.....

That's one sweet Lid, Douglas....looks great on you too.

10. DOUGLAS

Thanks, the hat does all the work;)

11. bolthead

bolthead My Mail is Forwarded Here

I envy all you guys....

I have to echo BuddyJ here.....because of the job I have, I pretty much have to wear a Ballcap to work everyday, then keep it in a locker. While @ work, I have to wear a "Bump Cap" all day, then back to the Ballcap @ the end of the day to go home. So, it's pretty boring,but this time of year I do wear my Vintage Cubs Cap. So, I don't feel too left out. [huh]

[​IMG]

back side........
    [​IMG]

12. Thanks pal. It's one of my Akubras, a mid-grey one with a custom black band. The fawn one I wore yesterday was identical except for colour.

Today I'm wearing my latest acquisition, a very light grey early 50s Champ courtesy of Marc Chevalier's Ebay sell-off. I took some photos the other night and will post them soon. I love that hat!

13. metropd

metropd One Too Many

ART FACWETT and GARY WHITE the best fedoras money could buy.

What hat am I wearing today the same hat I wear every day(also in my avatar) an...........
    Art Facwett's 100% Winchester beaver fedora with a 40's Stetson Wippet light to mid -grey color and a teardrop block with a Bogart pinch in the front (but with alonger deeper extended side pinch then in Casablanca) and a 2 11/16 raw edge brim. Also a 2 inch black vintage rayon and wood pulp band, with a squarish front crown with a side profile of 4 inches towards the back as it perpetually slopes higher to 4 3/8 at the highest side profile. Its been soked in the sink accidentley and the water did not even penetrate the surface.:eusa_clap Then I got a grass stain and what bonkers crazy.... so I dabbed it with water and it came right out, UNBELIEVABLE!!

I also HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest if you want to spend about $450 BUY A GARY WHITE CUSTOM HATTER HAT IT BLOWS OPTIMO OUT OF THE WATER! He has a super light weight Beaver body comming out in almost 30's colors! Mr. White in a genious and a great honest man who exceeds the paragon of hatters just like our own Art Facwett.;)

14. Flieger

Flieger Practically Family

Midsummer's eve here in Sweden. Dancing around the May-pole, Aquavit is flowing, things like that. Flieger is wearing his Pachacuti Brisa Panama.

[​IMG]

/F

totallyfrozen and Ryan.Scott00 like this.
  15. riccardo

riccardo Practically Family

Hot Sicily...

Good day,
    here we are at 41¬?C the sun would burn our hair...if I had!!!
    I'm wearing my marvellious ENGLISH OPTIMO MONTECRISTI from PB/ART...
    it is so cool that I need a vestlol lol !

Best regards.
    Riccardo

16. metropd

metropd One Too Many

That looks great, every thing works really well together especially that hat, you really pull of that wide brim! Post this in the "men of the lounge forum" and watch the women have a Mid Summer Nights Dream.....:rolleyes:

totallyfrozen likes this.
  17. Flieger

Flieger Practically Family

Thanks metropd, but I'm a married man! :)

/F

18. DOUGLAS

not Montecristi straw

The spice of life. Today its a cheap straw
    [​IMG]

19. What team do you play for?

totallyfrozen likes this.
  20. I'm about to go across the street and help the neighbors with some remodeling work, so I'll be wearing my Akubra.
    It's been a while since it's seen much dirt and dust :p
    [​IMG]
    Later tonight I'll probably be going out, so I'll switch over to my Jaxon.
    [​IMG]