Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Brewster. Color is called "Buck."
e93adb51b999399c6e93053afed77ab7.jpg
6bbc01ceb8c4e5acb13c4025c01b464f.jpg
5c1777701f49c1383d18e4297bd6db9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Anthony; I have been drawn to it over the past few days. My confidence was very high in MC Gannon's ability to deliver a fedora with a tip of the brim to the vtg. Stetson Wanderer style. Enough pics, his and others, showed the work to be worthy. I was more concerned with my choice of the charcoal beaver Winchester felt. I am finding the charcoal color to be very easily worn. I did get the one disparaging comment yesterday of it being an Amish hat, but I remind myself of the metro hipster uttering the comment and find it more easily dismissed. His fashion will pass, but I will continue wearing my fav, comfortable, traditionally "me attire." This too shall pass.

Uncomfortably finding my clothes to be more fashionable, Eric -

tommyK

One Too Many
You look great, SBG! Don't let anyone tell you different.
The current hipster generation is very quick to take offense at almost anything but thinks itself to be enlightened and above such pettiness. clearly they are not

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
love that Gannon makes me want to wear mine again today
Decided in this old Dobbs for today
... as always just happy to be part of the fold.

Old Dobbs looks special. I especially like the high tight side creases. BTW: I believe not only are you a member of the fold, but you might be a leader of the fold.

tommyK

One Too Many
Some stunning hats today!

Moe, You make being green look easy!
Moon, another stunning vintage hat from You! What a great collection You've aquired!
SBG, love the Cordova and the Gannon. Nothing amish about it. Having grown up around the amish, using it as a passive aggressive insult seems to miss the mark to me
Bob, the Brewster is a modern classic, You wear it well
Pan, great JW and love the iconic street branding!
Greg, another great Cordova today! Always impeccably dressed
Esther, interesting look and love the long hair You're working on. All the ribbon choices look good to me, I don't know how you choose
Dogman, the carbon grey may be the best color on a Fed
Miami, great Champ and equally great tie!
Foamy, the Grand Central is a wonderful addition to the modern Stetson line up. It deserves more play around here
Knotten, that Bradford is the perfect choice to pick up Your son from Texas. It'll be like he never left!
RJR, Love that green ribbon on the NorthWest
Saint Ig, digging the color on that VS, sweet!
Joao, nice Resistol! Wow, did your beard grow back fast!
Daniele, That French Homburg is spectacular! Love the bigger brim

b47618d1-6525-4fc3-9771-ab425648a59a_zpsvvptwkbr.jpg

36bd211f-7708-4cd8-964b-79f541534714_zpsee5mmnm2.jpg

mallory twenty. For some reason the name on the sweatband is in lower case letter, so I repeat it here. Got this one from G.Durand some time ago

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Anthony; I have been drawn to it over the past few days. My confidence was very high in MC Gannon's ability to deliver a fedora with a tip of the brim to the vtg. Stetson Wanderer style. Enough pics, his and others, showed the work to be worthy. I was more concerned with my choice of the charcoal beaver Winchester felt. I am finding the charcoal color to be very easily worn. I did get the one disparaging comment yesterday of it being an Amish hat, but I remind myself of the metro hipster uttering the comment and find it more easily dismissed. His fashion will pass, but I will continue wearing my fav, comfortable, traditionally "me attire." This too shall pass.

Uncomfortably finding my clothes to be more fashionable, Eric -

Eric
I know a guy like you will let that roll off like water off a ducks back.
when I hear comments like that I always smile and remember my youth when I was clueless as well.
as you might guess ... with my beard I get the Amish comment quite a lot... that and stuff like ..." good morning Rabbi"
I laugh it off because clearly I am neither.... I'm an Italian musician from NJ.
that Gannon is absolutely spectacular !!

Some stunning hats today!

Moon, another stunning vintage hat from You! What a great collection You've aquired!

b47618d1-6525-4fc3-9771-ab425648a59a_zpsvvptwkbr.jpg

36bd211f-7708-4cd8-964b-79f541534714_zpsee5mmnm2.jpg

mallory twenty. For some reason the name on the sweatband is in lower case letter, so I repeat it here. Got this one from G.Durand some time ago

Tommy your comments always hit home for me.
I see you and a few other special cats here as mentors.
thank you.

.... and that Mallory is smashing ... and what a fantastic bash

EstherWeis

Vendor
Esther, interesting look and love the long hair You're working on. All the ribbon choices look good to me, I don't know how you choose

Why thank you, I've been watching this 20's inspired TV show from the 80's and fell in love yet again with the cloche and turban style hats.
The hair is a longterm commitment :)
I'm liking your hat today!

Eric, like the other said before. Don't mind them.
I get my fair share of yeehaw's and cowgirl comments.
They don't really know what they are talking about in the end, that hat doesn't look amish at all!!
Very lovely hat indeed!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Wow, hats galore the last couple of days, I can't keep up. Esther, I love the vintage look of that turban.
Tommy, the crease on that hat and the color is outstanding.
LIking the newer Stetson editions too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana