Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
More time with the munchkin.
Heading to the toy store because I'm a sucker for my little girl .
.... Excellent Strat in sage on top

5b945ec0d7013fcf94b5573e4a64867d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats nice! Think of her toys like your hats....

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
Thanks for all the likes and comments, folks!
Today, this hairy green thing from Lock & Co. Hatters that arrived Friday. Impulse buy late at night. Posted more pics in New Hats on Friday, but changed tge band a little since then.
I liked te felt band, but not the buckle and belt loops, so I removed them, and just did a plain felt band. I actually liked the look with the feather (I like it on my Tribble too) but the feather was pretty ratty looking so I ditched it. It was a lot stiffer, so it got an alcohol bath and after it dried a lot of hand working to make it more pliable. Still stiffer than I'd like, but it takes a pinch much better now.

f7a820c11856c97c618fe80064a01f66.jpg
95452b9806049a266d6e3f880bdb7013.jpg

With buckle and loops gone, weight is down to 86 grams, but still feels as warm as it looks.
Have a great day, everybody!

PorscheFedora

New in Town
After errands, I am back home getting ready for football with an old Christys deerstalker. It is my go-to hat for the public embarrassment of my 14 year old son. I will have to come up with an excuse to take him out somewhere later. View attachment 39550
Love the deerstalker! That would have my children mortified. May have to pick one up for that very reason :)

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A-1,
Congratulations on the record and nice cover photo. I particularly like the title: are you aware of the slang meaning of the word "shiner?" I'm not sure about other English-speaking countries, but here it refers to a "black" eye: what you can wind up with after a fight. A little ambiguity is always a good thing in a title.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Not to beat a dead hat... of course you obviously should wear 'em how you like 'em. But since you asked... I often enjoy wearing brims up and I don't have a Temple but like my Feds, it has a dimensional brim and I've tried those snapped up and feel the dimensional brim snapped up, looks awkward and unbalanced. The proportions of the dimensional brim (snapped up) detract from the hats pleasing overall conformation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk