Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panadora

Practically Family
Those are some nice goggles you have there!

I spent some time in Stockholm (jan 2013) and i was absolutely shocked by the cold.
Belgium has some cold periods but never that consistent or such a dry cold.
I imagine Copenhagen being similar?
Thanks!

Scandinavia is a surprisingly big place. Copenhagen is only around 60% of the way from Antwerp to Stockholm so the weather it's not as cold here. The south part of Scandinavia is surrounded by so much water that it takes the edge of the most extreme cold during the winter (and heat during the summer for that matter). The dry cold weather you experienced in Stockholm sounds like it might be some continental air from Russia.
BTW the wind yesterday maxed out at 36 m/s with gusts at 46 m/s (46 m/s = 103 mph).

The weather is more friendly today - wearing my JW Hats hat
IMG_1906.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Very great compliments to all! Too numerous to mention, and certainly I would forget someone.
This is a period of internal removals, new furniture and some disposal.
Not so much time for hats
27yv6dz.jpg

Sunny days with cold nights (below zero) and noon pleasant for the period.
fcsi0m.jpg

Borsalino, in the Monday first afternoon, with medium brown hair. NOS
2m7ur1i.jpg

It is a bit tight despite having been stretched, but it is too beautiful not to put it on my head.
2nb7j1f.jpg

Buona settimana. E' Dicembre

Thanks, Perry! Lovin' that Stetson of yours today!!
Everyone is looking super today.
Sam, if that's a Pendleton plaid, (last photo) I think I just received one just like it, a gift. A PERFECT Plaid, pal!
Daniele you are right... TOO beautiful not to wear. What a super color/felt!!

EstherWeis

Vendor
Thanks!

Scandinavia is a surprisingly big place. Copenhagen is only around 60% of the way from Antwerp to Stockholm so the weather it's not as cold here. The south part of Scandinavia is surrounded by so much water that it takes the edge of the most extreme cold during the winter (and heat during the summer for that matter). The dry cold weather you experienced in Stockholm sounds like it might be some continental air from Russia.

Oh yes, but so very stunning.
I was amazed by the nature, so very very striking!
What also surprised me was the different culture and customs. It was a bit naive of me, but it was really different to live there.
The cold was really something else, yet again very pretty with all the snow and clear blue skies if there was some daylight.
Copenhagen is on our list, my husband sailed there once, and he absolutely loved it. He keeps talking about the pastries :)
Oh btw! That is one snazzy car!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I'm not actually sure. It's a reasonably modern (sticker style on inside don't look older than 20 years) long hair velour with a mid sized brim and tapered crown. My understanding is that this would have been made by Tonak. Here's a better picture from a while ago

I think Tonak makes all the Selentino bodies. I have a few, a Sterling purchased new, a Pine and a Homburg. I think the Pine currently comes in a long hair.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sam, if that's a Pendleton plaid, (last photo) I think I just received one just like it, a gift. A PERFECT Plaid, pal!

Hi Charlie, It is a Pendleton. I picked it up as a black Friday sale last year.

I think Tonak makes all the Selentino bodies. I have a few, a Sterling purchased new, a Pine and a Homburg. I think the Pine currently comes in a long hair.

I had a Pine before with a shorter brim. The velour was the same style/feel as this. I'd look in the hat to see it's labeling but I don't have it with me today. I only wore it while taking my kids into school and then switched to my helmet for the ride in to work.

Knotten

Practically Family
Thanks!

BTW the wind yesterday maxed out at 36 m/s with gusts at 46 m/s (46 m/s = 103 mph).

The weather is more friendly today - wearing my JW Hats hat
IMG_1906.jpg

Pandora,
Interesting that you're wearing a JW in Copenhagen. His shop is just down the street from me (well, across town) and I don't have one. Looks great. I need to pay him a visit.
By the way, my wife is Swedish and we spend a lot of time in Scandinavia. I myself am Norwegian (my screen name, Knotten, is what my Mom's family (my bestefar and bestemor) used to call me when I was a little kid in Oslo. Maybe we can drop by and say hi next time we're passing through Denmark.

EstherWeis

Vendor
You take the best pictures ever!
The hats are as stunning as usual too!

I've been trying out all sorts of ways to get my hats photographed, you figured that one out perfectly !

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
A cold, grey day
Here in N.CA
But that's O.K.
The weatherman says rain
Is on it's way.
A very very green Czech made Peschel velour by TONAK. This one is not as soft as my Anton Peschel but has improved greatly with some brushing and handling. I replaced the big horsehair brush that was pinned on it with a smaller feather pin to keep the "flavor" of the style.

0ce69a9155551e38057b5e88516534cb.jpg
a1134c9c623bf9e3a58a18c433cf82d2.jpg

Have a great day. And please excuse my poor poetry. It won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points