Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threw on my favorite Strat this morning... 40s era beauty

To those who have any interest ... Enjoy the game today.
I'd love to see Peyton ride off into the sunset but I'm afraid Carolina will be a bit too much for Denver to handle.

c20d9e42e7b639e18e98d432a7818b99.jpg

3d747db37cd5e5f9883146cd5481f3d1.jpg

70c0e89cf845e054bbaa2f4b185f66b9.jpg

84556b7ad4b8f56f004a8dd44f9fbf15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gorgeous, Ant. Love the bash!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Moving into a relaxing afternoon under an old Christys' London deerstalker.

I find it odd that this cap originally was sold in Bermuda. From what I read, the average daily high temperature in winter is 65f. Kind of mild for such headwear.

Regardless, this is my go to hat if I want to go somewhere without my fourteen year old son accompanying me. While he generally rolls with dad's weirdness, my wearing this one in public stretches his ability to tolerate me beyond all bounds. I don't blame him, if my dad had been keen on wearing similar headgear in public, I think I would have had a hard time going out with him without a paper bag over my head. [emoji3]
uploadfromtaptalk1454865687481.png

Moving into a relaxing afternoon under an old Christys' London deerstalker.

I find it odd that this cap originally was sold in Bermuda. From what I read, the average daily high temperature in winter is 65f. Kind of mild for such headwear.

Regardless, this is my go to hat if I want to go somewhere without my fourteen year old son accompanying me. While he generally rolls with dad's weirdness, my wearing this one in public stretches his ability to tolerate me beyond all bounds. I don't blame him, if my dad had been keen on wearing similar headgear in public, I think I would have had a hard time going out with him without a paper bag over my head. [emoji3] View attachment 43818

To me, the Deerstalker is much less obvious than a Hommy or Fedora, Matt. Maybe he just thinks you're wearing it backwards...?! Looks great!!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
To me, the Deerstalker is much less obvious than a Hommy or Fedora, Matt. Maybe he just thinks you're wearing it backwards...?! Looks great!!
I agree! But he's just fine with the felts (even the derbies).

I think it might be the Sherlock Holmes association, or more likely in my case, the Elmer Fudd one. I suspect that a fourteen year old kid doesn't want to be hanging out with an "old" guy who might be mistaken for being engaged in hunting wabbits. The risk of social ostracism is just too high.

By the way... You were right. I was wearing it backwards. All fixed now. [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm