Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inge

New in Town
20160209_141656.jpg

have a nice day folks ! borsa!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Happy Tuesday morning, everyone. Sorry to hear about the incoming snow, Harv. You are better able to deal with it than we are in Atlanta, though. When that white stuff shows up everyone loses their minds.

Grabbed this old wool Pilgrim to help fend off the chilly temps this morning.

5f4030c466a80fee1f88c8bb5697dc6a.jpg
8bb0ec924325605072b1e8b193e5c6e2.jpg
1f6702937a6b2263ce9a87222bfa6aca.jpg

Probably my favorite of all your great hats

Such a great piece and looks absolutely perfect on you.

Just awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Probably my favorite of all your great hats

Thanks, moon. I appreciate the comment.

Kind of surprising, though. This one is an all wool, sweat stained beater that I had to eventually remove the sweatband and replace with a grosgrain ribbon in order to make it wearable again. The original laminated paper sweat had begun to disintegrate and was a mess. It's one of the few, along with a Wool Jaxon Indy clone and a Stratton Mountie hat, that I don't handle with care. For an older wool hat it has surprisingly little taper to the crown and it hasn't seemed to shrink despite exposure to rain, snow, and heat. I can't imagine how nice it must have been when new.

I'm kinda hoping I can run across some gems similar to the ones you've added to your collection recently.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
In Home Depot getting boxes and packing material to ship one of my 60s Gretsch kits to Steve Maxwell ... Makes me sad to see her go but sometimes it's just time to part ways with an old friend....
In the words of Billy Joel
"Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes. I'm afraid it's time for goodbye again"

This workhorse of a 40s Strat on top.
As old as this thing is it is tough as nails and I would put it up against any Akubra any day of the week...

3e102d58cbb0f82b91b01bdd10cdf37c.jpg

e00f16d9d6e5f3f8ec9ffe8a75b36167.jpg

d1ef84037390ea211baa5ec731f84ac8.jpg

33dc5ccf1d89dd0f24bbd07d0086ec13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I saw too many wonderful hats in these days that is impossible to comment on everyone
Compliments to all the Loungers showing hats

Last day of Carnival! Raining from the afternoon to prepare the day of Hashes
a5koxy.jpg

Tonak in mauve felt, pliable and "old fashion"
2a5d8jb.jpg

Very EU proportions this hat is wearing to be the companion of all those I saw in these days
9plsud.jpg

No feast for this evening........

Nothing like taking the photo, resizing it, and then remembering 10 hrs later that you never posted it.

Stetson Royal Deluxe.

View attachment 43898

Royal, indeed, Dave! Only ten hours later?! In support of your spirit of good intention and failing memory, and because I've been too busy to get a new shot today, here is the MacLachlan, taken about ten DAYS ago, before the snow. Note what the deer herd has done to the neighbor's arbor vitaes...
DSC03439.jpg DSC03440.jpg DSC03442.jpg DSC03444.jpg DSC03446.jpg

Harv! Your lid and coat today just ROCK! DEFINITELY a number ONE!!
Esther THAT is my fav of your beautiful lids.
Daniele you are the Master of the EU proportions! But NO feast today? Rest up for tomorrow's!
Matt est Tres Sportif aujord hui... very sharp colors and features!
Mark the wool Pilgrim is spectacular; just loaded with personality!

Last edited:
Royal, indeed, Dave! Only ten hours later?! In support of your spirit of good intention and failing memory, and because I've been too busy to get a new shot today, here is the MacLachlan, taken about ten DAYS ago, before the snow. Note what the deer herd has done to the neighbor's arbor vitaes...
View attachment 43921 View attachment 43922 View attachment 43923 View attachment 43924 View attachment 43925

Harv! Your lid and coat today just ROCK! DEFINITELY a number ONE!!
Esther THAT is my fav of your beautiful lids.
Daniele you are the Master of the EU proportions! But NO feast today? Rest up for tomorrow's!
Matt est Tres Sportif aujord hui... very sharp colors and features!
Mark the wool Pilgrim is spectacular; just loaded with personality!

Dang, I love that color.

View attachment 43921

I really like that hat Charlie! Fantastic color, and great contrast with the band and binding. Plus, that liner is sweet!!
Thank you for the compliment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk