Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Finally arrived my vintage Brunetto boater
FB_IMG_1472657559378.jpg

EstherWeis

Vendor
Sorry Esther , I know its miserable .
Eh, allergy pills do help.
I try not to scratch cause they do scar.

Whoa....poor thing....mosquitos?....My wife attracts them aswell...if she's around, no one else gets bit...they know who's the sweetest....
Jep, you should see me after being stung by a wasp or bee.
Both my sister and I are the ones they go for. We compete every year for the one with the most bites.
I had 46 once on my legs.

Ouch, good luck with that. Some Azaron might help.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk
Oh I'm piling on cream, it's just the allergy.
Thank you though!

Ouch!! Watch out for ZIKA!! :eek:
I will watch out for it, but what am I watching out for exactly?

She is a very sweet teenager. I have two others-- a 13 year old girl and a 9 year old son. I used to think I'd need to invest in a shotgun for when the middle child brings home her first boy, but now I believe I will give him a hug. She will eat him alive (and I'm proud of that!).

Been playing this thing since fourth grade, and it's my career instrument, so I don't have much awareness of the learning curve anymore! ;)

I wasn't aware there were "pretty" bug bites, but somehow you seem to pull them off! Perhaps the start of a new trend
Oh haha! Yes my father wasn't that chuffed when I told him about the mister at 15, but then again we are happy together ever since then.
And he was as happy as a pig in mud when they asked me of I wanted to change my last name and went " hell no"
You should be proud indeed.
It's good she knows to stand her ground at that age, 16 is a difficult age as a young woman.

Believe me when I say pretty, the others looks like I've got some weird disease or something.
Allergy to insect bites is sort of annoying.

That's impressive! Sax too right?
I used to play the cello but I love the trumpet. I feel like I should have gone for trumpet instead.
Maybe one day.

Don't scratch them...even if they are driving you nuts! My mom always said the "skeeters just think you are sweet!"
I'm trying my very best. I'm allergic to pretty much every insect sting/bite and yes that's what they say here as well.
Sweet ànd people with stinky feet!
Donna and I took the slow road home across New York State. We stopped in Skaneateles, where we bought our first set of dishes 42 years ago. In Woolworths. What a joyous week.

View attachment 55883

Congratulations!
I have to say that I smiled when I saw this picture.
That's an example right there.
And what beautiful daughters you have.
And didn't you look smart at the wedding! I'm sure they are all proud to call you their husband/father.
I'm a mush, happy people make me happy.

We signed our ketubah only in the presence of the Rabbi prior to the ceremony. I'd assumed it was always done that way.

That's how it was done, for the most part, at that time. It was described by the attending rabbi at mine as "an intimate ceremony." Yet, at my first daughter's wedding I had to leave the signing ceremony, there were so many people crammed into an inadequate room. Caused quite an uproar. Things change, even for stalwart Jews!

I will watch out for it, but what am I watching out for exactly?

Hell, I dunno. But according to the news, I should be in a high panic.

That's how it was done, for the most part, at that time. It was described by the attending rabbi at mine as "an intimate ceremony." Yet, at my first daughter's wedding I had to leave the signing ceremony, there were so many people crammed into an inadequate room. Caused quite an uproar. Things change, even for stalwart Jews!

Yeah, we signed it in the back of the limo before the ceremony. My wife looked at me and said, "We're married now. We don't have to go through with the rest of it."

Hey, I'm just a poor Roman Catholic boy in a mixed marriage...

Thank you for the notes... I don't have words to describe the emotion of the weekend.

The ketubah was signed in the woods before the ceremony with the rabbi and two witnesses present. I got to come along as the document wrangler. It had been matted and took some care to unwrap and prepare for signing... with the trees and birds and all.

emigran

Practically Family
View attachment 55770 View attachment 55771 View attachment 55772 View attachment 55773 View attachment 55775 View attachment 55776 View attachment 55778 View attachment 55779 View attachment 55780 View attachment 55781

Here's a before, during and after sequence showing how I replaced the 'crispy duck' sweatband in my Keens/John Franks fedora. Incidentally, it was all self-inflicted: although this vintage hat already looked pretty fine, I suddenly wanted a boxier crown. So I decided to reblock it and stuck it in my trusty garbage-bag-plus-kettle hat steaming device (works great on newer hats)...with instant and catastrophic results!

I cut the new sweatband from a sheet of antique, soft jacket leather and went to work. I re-used the original interface tape, brim wire and bow. Tested it several times to ensure it would be a perfect fit and, eventually, after about 10 hours' work... finished. I guess I can live with the bad stitching here and there. And it now feels custom made.

GREAT JOB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana