Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Family dinner at Reata - navy blue Gannon

16e8fc11fa02f77fa86ab4b0af9c5305.jpg

Cheers!
David

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, I'll get there :)

Beautiful homburg. I love how varied your hat collection is. Does your son wear/appreciate hats at all or is he too old to think everything you do is awesome but too young to realise you are right?
Thanks Celia.

Gabe is now at the age where he appreciates the hats for their beauty and quality. And he seems to get a kick out of my describing what little I know of the history and workmanship involved.

Of course, as a 15 year old, he is searching for his own identity. So, right now he is more into death metal, anarchy and teenage existential despair. Vintage hats don't fit into the persona he's cultivating right now. That's cool with me. I want him to explore who he is. Plus, I get a tremendous kick out of him sharing and discussing his ideas with me.

There's plenty of time later for him to rediscover dad's awesomenessitude and the joy of fine headware. [emoji1]

Be well.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Celia.

Gabe is now at the age where he appreciates the hats for their beauty and quality. And he seems to get a kick out of my describing what little I know of the history and workmanship involved.

Of course, as a 15 year old, he is searching for his own identity. So, right now he is more into death metal, anarchy and teenage existential despair. Vintage hats don't fit into the persona he's cultivating right now. That's cool with me. I want him to explore who he is. Plus, I get a tremendous kick out of him sharing and discussing his ideas with me.

There's plenty of time later for him to rediscover dad's awesomenessitude and the joy of fine headware. [emoji1]

Be well.
The words of a fantastic father !!!
Let him rock that music
Let him express himself
He will look back and appreciate your awesomeness for it
Oh how I remember being that kid

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
The words of a fantastic father !!!
Let him rock that music
Let him express himself
He will look back and appreciate your awesomeness for it
Oh how I remember being that kid
Thanks Ant.

I sure am not going to be trying to put the kibosh on him flying his freak flag.

And yeah...
me too.
Hell... some days I still am that kid!
I'm gonna go listen to some Gwar...

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
The other day I was lamenting that I had no Borsalinos.

To shut up my whining, Bruno took it upon himself to send me this lovely Mirtillo homburg. It kills two birds: Borsalino and blue homburg.

IMG_20170218_074948-picsay.jpg
IMG_20170218_074950-picsay.jpg
IMG_20170218_074940-picsay.jpg
IMG_20170218_074538-picsay.jpg
IMG_20170218_074552-picsay.jpg
IMG_20170218_074636-picsay.jpg
IMG_20170218_074642-picsay.jpg
Screenshot_20170217-170805-picsay.jpg

From perusing Borsalino Brotherhood, it appears the label indicates a vintage of around 1950. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a couple weeks from my birthday. This is my main present. Becca was sweet enough to let me open it early.

Oh...
Because sunshine:
IMG_20170218_074823-picsay.jpg

A very Merry Saturday to all.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Ant.

I sure am not going to be trying to put the kibosh on him flying his freak flag.

And yeah...
me too.
Hell... some days I still am that kid!
I'm gonna go listen to some Gwar...
I'm definitely still that kid ... and you and I are from the very same generation
it was a great time to be young when we were teens ... there was a musical resurgence ... freak flags everywhere :)

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I'm definitely still that kid ... and you and I are from the very same generation
it was a great time to be young when we were teens ... there was a musical resurgence ... freak flags everywhere :)
Yeah... And folks weren't so damned uptight.

Here's to the millennials and their rebels, their freaks, there weirdos and their ones who refuse to let themselves be defined by the culture.

I hope that they can make the late 2010s and 2020s make the 1960s look like the 1950s.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Another hat from the last finds here in Verona north area
10efo2f.jpg

Pale sun and mellow noon with decrease of temperature in morning and evening
ffbpc5.jpg

Barbisio in light blue made in the years of Barbisio production in Cappellificio Cervo
24f0j6u.jpg

Photos were made yesterday afternoon and this morning
e637na.jpg

In shadow and sun to have the felt with different lights
snh08l.jpg

Interior of the Barbisio show a very simple lining
34q7d3a.jpg

There no indication of quality in the brand stamped or paper label under the sweatband
23sdhjm.jpg

Have a nice Saturday

A huge thanks for your appreciation on the Dobbs-Panizza showed yesterday

The other day I was lamenting that I had no Borsalinos.

To shut up my whining, Bruno took it upon himself to send me this lovely Mirtillo homburg. It kills two birds: Borsalino and blue homburg.

From perusing Borsalino Brotherhood, it appears the label indicates a vintage of around 1950. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a couple weeks from my birthday. This is my main present. Becca was sweet enough to let me open it early.

Oh...
Because sunshine: View attachment 67877

A very Merry Saturday to all.

Super look, Matt! That's such a great color.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
It won't be nearly as nice today as yesterday's record setting 74 degrees, but I think I've still talked myself into a bicycle ride. I will be accompanied by a Pilgrim flat cap on it's first outing with me.
P1230596 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1230595 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I picked this one up sometime this winter and it has been patiently waiting for some warmer weather. No idea what it's made out of, something lightweight.
P1230605 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1230611 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
2-18-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Hope everyone is having a fine Saturday.

Michael

It won't be nearly as nice today as yesterday's record setting 74 degrees, but I think I've still talked myself into a bicycle ride. I will be accompanied by a Pilgrim flat cap on it's first outing with me.
P1230596 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1230595 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I picked this one up sometime this winter and it has been patiently waiting for some warmer weather. No idea what it's made out of, something lightweight.
P1230605 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1230611 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
2-18-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Hope everyone is having a fine Saturday.

Michael
Great flat cap. Love the colors and pattern. Pilgrim as in your felt? I have a Pilgrim tie, sounds like I need to do some reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto