Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8e4c82d0e3b853d1e96a5706823e4219.jpg
8aa5c0d0de7cfd4b053ce336be00d0bd.jpg

Good to be back.
This is a costume made hat by a lady in Dallas.
It calls "house of MacGregor".
First time wearing it.
Feels good, on a sunny day in Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4c11e07cdb2a94b5a6f3faf377865796.jpg
Interesting. Like the color and ribbon. Is it a woolie?

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
Thanks to everybody for the appreciation of my handiwork yesterday, and for my other recent posts.
The rain has stopped temporarily, but the wind remains a hazard to wide brims. This light-absorbing fuzzy black hole made by Jay Lord Hatters passed through Dayton on it's way to me (thanks Fruno!) and will hopefully stay on my head today.

5965635166f4b4f7f3dde003cca0a038.jpg
50f2986a39e84442a1ca80b602ad9a4b.jpg
53bea68de824831765400fe92a941913.jpg

Have a great day!

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
The other day I was lamenting that I had no Borsalinos.

To shut up my whining, Bruno took it upon himself to send me this lovely Mirtillo homburg. It kills two birds: Borsalino and blue homburg.

View attachment 67869 View attachment 67870 View attachment 67871 View attachment 67872 View attachment 67873 View attachment 67874 View attachment 67875 View attachment 67876

From perusing Borsalino Brotherhood, it appears the label indicates a vintage of around 1950. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a couple weeks from my birthday. This is my main present. Becca was sweet enough to let me open it early.

Oh...
Because sunshine: View attachment 67877

A very Merry Saturday to all.
You definitely sport the Hommies nicely.

Hey all!
Thanks to everybody for the appreciation of my handiwork yesterday, and for my other recent posts.
The rain has stopped temporarily, but the wind remains a hazard to wide brims. This light-absorbing fuzzy black hole made by Jay Lord Hatters passed through Dayton on it's way to me (thanks Fruno!) and will hopefully stay on my head today.

50f2986a39e84442a1ca80b602ad9a4b.jpg
53bea68de824831765400fe92a941913.jpg

Have a great day!

Great looking black hole, it sucks in all matter around it.

Hey all!

Have a great day!

You make that Jay Lord look good!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Celia

A-List Customer
Inspirational as always, Steve and a great setting for the photos as well.

Celia, the same bug is bugging us on this side of the Atlantic. Rest and fluids and a full recovery quickly... I hope to see that Borsalino homburg as you wear it very soon.

Thank you Alan, I'm a lot better now compared to just a few days ago, but it takes a while to recover completely. I hope you and your loved ones are managing to stay healthy! It's been a hard winter...

Excellent homburgs, my friends!
Thank you, yours are always a pleasure to see here as well :)

Thanks Celia.

Gabe is now at the age where he appreciates the hats for their beauty and quality. And he seems to get a kick out of my describing what little I know of the history and workmanship involved.

Of course, as a 15 year old, he is searching for his own identity. So, right now he is more into death metal, anarchy and teenage existential despair. Vintage hats don't fit into the persona he's cultivating right now. That's cool with me. I want him to explore who he is. Plus, I get a tremendous kick out of him sharing and discussing his ideas with me.

There's plenty of time later for him to rediscover dad's awesomenessitude and the joy of fine headware.
emoji1.png

Be well.
The words of a fantastic father !!!
Let him rock that music
Let him express himself
He will look back and appreciate your awesomeness for it
Oh how I remember being that kid
^my thoughts exactly, but in better words so quoted for truth. I bet you are both great fathers!

Would you like me to wear it for you ?

Lovely Hat.
Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your trip, the new hats look good. You could try wearing my hat, but my guess would be that my head is smaller than yours, so you'd have to balance it on top of your head...

Celia

A-List Customer
Recently acquired Royal Stetson stingy. Early 60s I think. Been a while since I've owned a Royal...
View attachment 67909
Looks black in the picture but it's a dark chocolate.
Hey, where's your tie?! ;) just kidding, nice hat!

Hi everyone, hope you're enjoying your weekends.
I'm getting ready to leave for a sound check for my jazz group's CD release show tonight. Excited to be part of this kind of creative project. It's been many years since I've done something like this. So far, its falcon park black cherry.
ad3ce2e56734f8aea908c8b177384d11.jpg

40434856847e0b9f503d103ae71933f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, that sounds great, will check out your website & I hope the night is a success! That hat really is something else, love the colour, and what a shape!

The other day I was lamenting that I had no Borsalinos.

To shut up my whining, Bruno took it upon himself to send me this lovely Mirtillo homburg. It kills two birds: Borsalino and blue homburg.

View attachment 67869 View attachment 67870 View attachment 67871 View attachment 67872 View attachment 67873 View attachment 67874 View attachment 67875 View attachment 67876

From perusing Borsalino Brotherhood, it appears the label indicates a vintage of around 1950. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a couple weeks from my birthday. This is my main present. Becca was sweet enough to let me open it early.

Oh...
Because sunshine: View attachment 67877

A very Merry Saturday to all.
Perfect pre-birthday present, what a beauty! I really like the Mirtillo borsalinos, the blue is so dark it's almost black... So now that you have one, are you tempted to get more?

Celia

A-List Customer
VEB Luckenwalder Hutfabrik "Velour"

32116448804_569f977113_c.jpg
Another hat from the last finds here in Verona north area
10efo2f.jpg

Have a nice Saturday

A huge thanks for your appreciation on the Dobbs-Panizza showed yesterday

There tends to be a preference on the forum for American hats (or styles), which are great and have been a real eye-opener for me, but still, I always look forward to both of you sporting such beautiful examples of the European tradition. Always a pleasure to see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch