Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celia

A-List Customer
This thread keeps me sane, I'm still working nights, get in at about six am, always check the what hat thread. Last week I had a couple of nights off, we went to a very special wedding on Friday. The MG looked resplendent decked out in wedding ribbons. Here's hoping that the chauffeur didn't get upstaged by his car.
View attachment 68195
I don't think you could get upstaged in that outfit. Impeccable. I hope you had a good time! What make is the hat?

RJR

From the bounty of my black hat collection, here is an old Vanzina that might perhaps be a rare example of the work of this manufacturer before their absorption into Borsalino during or after the depression. The style has a tall crown and narrow brim, an alpine flavor which reflects the location of the retailer in Brunico, a southern Tyrolean city in Italy within 20 kilometers of the Austrian border. The basting thread that protects the ribbon and elaborate bow remains in place. I don't believe this hat was ever sold to or worn by a consumer. Daniele might have additional thoughts/information.

022217_1.jpg

022217_2.jpg

022217_3.jpg
022217_4.jpg
Very nice;the ribbon/bow work is interesting.It looks like permanent "basting" stitches.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful hat, killer jacket.

Thanks Perry... it's an old Missoni from the 1980s. Maybe a good fit for today's Italian job?!

That hat is so beautiful. The bow is just perfect. You have been wearing such stunning hats recently!

Thank you Celia! I'm glad you enjoy this one. It is one of my more unusual Europeans.

Very nice;the ribbon/bow work is interesting.It looks like permanent "basting" stitches.

I believe this stitch was used to keep the ribbon and bow from being crushed as hats were stacked for shipment from the factory to the store. It would likely have been removed when sold to the end customer.

Alan, It's really fantastic! I very happy to see this hat. :)

Thank you Steve... not everyone's cup of tea, but I know you would enjoy this.

In a nod to the upcoming record high temp today of around 75 it's the first Panama of the season for me. Ecua-Andino
DSCN0234 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0235 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
In serious need of a ribbon upgrade.
DSCN0243 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0247 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
This will be the last panama day for awhile as we are to return to seasonal temps.
DSCN0232 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Get it while you can,
Michael

Like the song says, Mike, "Enjoy yourself; it's later than you think!"

The color palette today is great, sir, but the hat patterns nearly gave me an acid flashback to 1969 OP ART!

From the bounty of my black hat collection, here is an old Vanzina that might perhaps be a rare example of the work of this manufacturer before their absorption into Borsalino during or after the depression. The style has a tall crown and narrow brim, an alpine flavor which reflects the location of the retailer in Brunico, a southern Tyrolean city in Italy within 20 kilometers of the Austrian border. The basting thread that protects the ribbon and elaborate bow remains in place. I don't believe this hat was ever sold to or worn by a consumer. Daniele might have additional thoughts/information.

022217_1.jpg

022217_2.jpg

022217_3.jpg
022217_4.jpg
A really Special hat, Alan. Your narrative makes it even more meaningful, thank you!!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
This thread keeps me sane, I'm still working nights, get in at about six am, always check the what hat thread. Last week I had a couple of nights off, we went to a very special wedding on Friday. The MG looked resplendent decked out in wedding ribbons. Here's hoping that the chauffeur didn't get upstaged by his car.
View attachment 68195
I've the pics of your car, so I understand the concern. But I'd say the driver is finely matched to the splendid automobile!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Like the song says, Mike, "Enjoy yourself; it's later than you think!"

The color palette today is great, sir, but the hat patterns nearly gave me an acid flashback to 1969 OP ART!
Thanks Charlie. That pattern is pretty mesmerizing. I'm not sure how they two toned the bottom and tops of the colored straws.

Your green hat today is fantastic. I need a green hat. Badly.

Michael

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

022217_1.jpg

022217_2.jpg

022217_3.jpg
022217_4.jpg
That's a stunningly beautiful hat, Alan. That bow treatment is wonderful, and exactly what I want duplicated on my next custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana