Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
748f004f5975941639a7a88867b73fd8.jpg
Lovely color and ribbon treatment. You look pensive, I like it.

From the bounty of my black hat collection, here is an old Vanzina that might perhaps be a rare example of the work of this manufacturer before their absorption into Borsalino during or after the depression. The style has a tall crown and narrow brim, an alpine flavor which reflects the location of the retailer in Brunico, a southern Tyrolean city in Italy within 20 kilometers of the Austrian border. The basting thread that protects the ribbon and elaborate bow remains in place. I don't believe this hat was ever sold to or worn by a consumer. Daniele might have additional thoughts/information.

022217_1.jpg

022217_2.jpg

022217_3.jpg
022217_4.jpg
That black is so deep and picks up the available light nicely. The basting stitches on the cool looking ribbon are a great feature to this ancient beauty. A real teaching moment.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
This thread keeps me sane, I'm still working nights, get in at about six am, always check the what hat thread. Last week I had a couple of nights off, we went to a very special wedding on Friday. The MG looked resplendent decked out in wedding ribbons. Here's
From the bounty of my black hat collection, here is an old Vanzina that might perhaps be a rare example of the work of this manufacturer before their absorption into Borsalino during or after the depression. The style has a tall crown and narrow brim, an alpine flavor which reflects the location of the retailer in Brunico, a southern Tyrolean city in Italy within 20 kilometers of the Austrian border. The basting thread that protects the ribbon and elaborate bow remains in place. I don't believe this hat was ever sold to or worn by a consumer. Daniele might have additional thoughts/information.

022217_1.jpg

022217_2.jpg

022217_3.jpg
022217_4.jpg
The whole hat is extraordinary, but that double layered bow... that's the cherry on top of the sundae.

In a nod to the upcoming record high temp today of around 75 it's the first Panama of the season for me. Ecua-Andino
DSCN0234 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0235 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
In serious need of a ribbon upgrade.
DSCN0243 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0247 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
This will be the last panama day for awhile as we are to return to seasonal temps.
DSCN0232 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Get it while you can,
Michael
Your record temps made the morning news here in Oregon. I approve of your lid choice for today, cool looking weave!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112