Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
A purist would require you to give it a brushing. Call it patina.
Oh, I have brushed it, and I keep it either in a box or with the little plastic Saran Wrap-ish cover that came on another hat. The slight dustiness only shows up in bright light. Hey, the true Indiana Jones purists want their fedoras weathered and so forth, and probably pay extra for it. I got mine as part of the package!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hit it right finally. Whippet Wednesday. Recent production.
5af0da2c204486f495f40dd448a22b8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Super nice OR Rick. With the name in the front of the sweat, does that give a clue to vintage?
Thanks! No, not really. I do believe from the markings that it is a mid-1950's vintage.
Whippet Wednesday. With all the recent discussion on the eBay thread about Whippets, consider this an advertisement. Anyone interested in a nice 7 3/8 Royal Whippet. call 1-800-MOR-MONY and ask for Bama.
View attachment 68262 View attachment 68263
Looks great Greg!

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In a nod to the upcoming record high temp today of around 75 it's the first Panama of the season for me. Ecua-Andino
DSCN0234 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0235 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
In serious need of a ribbon upgrade.
DSCN0243 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0247 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
This will be the last panama day for awhile as we are to return to seasonal temps.
DSCN0232 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Get it while you can,
Michael
Great look Michael! I love how the tie, shirt and jacket go together!

Kuki

One of the Regulars
In a nod to the upcoming record high temp today of around 75 it's the first Panama of the season for me. Ecua-Andino
DSCN0234 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0235 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
In serious need of a ribbon upgrade.
DSCN0243 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0247 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
This will be the last panama day for awhile as we are to return to seasonal temps.
DSCN0232 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Get it while you can,
Michael

Looking stylish as you always do! The had would benefit greatly from a new ribbon indeed, and looks good on you. Enjoy the weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Looking stylish as you always do! The had would benefit greatly from a new ribbon indeed, and looks good on you. Enjoy the weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Cristina. The hat was a thrift store find from a couple of weeks ago and I noted that it would like a new ribbon or pug, but it's only February. I figured I had a couple of months to think about it. Ha ha.
Your record temps made the morning news here in Oregon. I approve of your lid choice for today, cool looking weave!
Thanks Red. We made it to 75 today. Average high for today would be 37. Too darn hot. I still have the winter blood in the old engine and it was overheating. I see on Saturday the high is supposed to be 30. Probably one of my last chances to wear an overcoat this year the way it is going.

Great look Michael! I love how the tie, shirt and jacket go together!
Thanks Roger. They did work out pretty well together. The tie is a very interesting one in something called Jakarta Crepe. Depending on the light it goes from blue to purple to chocolate brown.

Thanks all for the likes today.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112