Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey folks!
Many thanks for all the likes and kind words on recent posts. Always appreciated:).
Today, this Keith Bros. "The Tiger Special".

311dc00fe158bee2779239c27793a6ee.jpg
e22306abf3868bbb817f91422fed95e0.jpg
e1b026e4346a757f698bf016c869b97d.jpg

Have a great day!

Powered by happy thoughts

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Mmmmmm.all of that sounds really good about now... you have a great Sunday, too, R!

I like the cut of your jib, sir! Very nice looking in that Panizza!

Great pic of you and the kiddos!

What a super hat! Great pic of you and your lovely Misses! I've been looking for a Tom n Jerry but so far only found one for my daughter's upcoming bday present!

Astounding. I only have the one Mallory and I'm hooked!

Fab-tastic star quality hemp, Bob!
Thanks.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Another great addition to Boater Saturday. Crisp and clean my friend.
Thanks Red. I wish I had a boater as fine as yours, but this one will have to do for now.

That shirt is playing tricks on my eyeballs. [emoji15] It looks good when I can focus...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Ha ha, yes, it's a strange and eye challenging design. Nice like rayon for hot day biking.

A damn spiffy boater my friend!! Who makes this one of you don't mind me asking?
Thanks Jeremy. I don't mind you asking, but I can't give you the answer. It has Made in Italy stamped onto the sweatband and printed on the size tag, but no manufacturer name. And I bought it second hand.

Hot and muggy here today. The few short minutes I was outside I was under this lightweight Mexican made straw,
IMG_5313 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_5312 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_5304 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Michael

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Cool lid, Moe. What kind of bow treatment is on that one?
Thanks Fed!
The bow on this one is unusual, the original ribbon and bow disinegrated from age when I removed it to refurbish the hat. There are a couple of pics I took before removal in the Keith Bros. Hats and Caps thread. I tried my best to duplicate the style of the bow, which was a big, carelessly made-looking thing positioned about 4/5 of the way to the back of the hat. Someone posted shortly after I first posted the hat that the style was popular for one or two years sometime in the teens, but he couldn't remember exactly when. My estimate on the age is sometime between 1915 and 1920.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Introducing the Golden Coach Temptation by Dobbs. The first non vintage I have purchased in quite a while. As many of you know you can never go wrong with a Dobbs! Fits like a glove. Like wearing a cloud on your head. :) View attachment 79401 View attachment 79402 View attachment 79403 View attachment 79404 View attachment 79405 View attachment 79406
My Dobbs Temptation was a $40 ebay grab, mailed straight to my door. Original receipt was in the box, IIRC, a 1974 Dobbs for around $145... I think. Dark chocolate brown with a burgundy pug, I had to have the sweat replaced as it was disintegrating for some unexplained reason. It truly does fit like a glove because Mike Miller fit it to my head shape at the same time.

It's my favorite, non-custom, modern hat in my collection.

The short hair finish just shines in the sun,too!

i-xqLpdjm-L.jpg

i-DW35jv7-XL.jpg

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I looked for an excuse to wear the new-to-me Mallory again this fine, cool Sunday morning. Grabbed the least flashy Aloha shirt I had and headed out the door!

i-QfgrDc9-M.jpg
i-mQFkG6T-M.jpg
i-Bb5FBVr-M.jpg
i-tScktBz-M.jpg

Nice Mallory Doug . Is it just me or did your whiskers turn gray after your trip to Ecuador ? Looks good . Now in the last post they look regular . Weird .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points