Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
1f4b4ca8d365e3ddeb680041f63976e2.jpg
I remember the last time I met my best friend in Paris... We ended up getting engaged =)

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Dlaniger

Another week, another WEDDING! Yup, down in Anthony's (@moontheloon) neck of the woods, sort of. This time a black tie affair, NO option! Fine, as long as one of my selection of tuxes fits (they shrink, and grow over time I have found...). My first, and favorite tuxedo has earned its keep, having been worn to several weddings, including my sister-in-law's colossal, three-ringed extravaganza 30 years ago. Where did I get this great garment? It was the very one my father wore to his indoctrination into the Masons in 1946. Yes, I have gotten Dad's father's money's worth out of this one!

Hat: 1952 Stetson St. Regis. Perfect!!

View attachment 93371 View attachment 93372

Oh, yes! They also had an attended coat/hat check room. The young gal was so completely clueless about what to do with a hat that when I suggested she slide the ticket behind the ribbon she misunderstood, and attempted to force the F-ing COAT HANGER into it. I saved it, and gently educated her for the next hat under her care.
View attachment 93374
I feel your pain! I am always educating hat check people on the proper way to store a hat. I have had a few smashed up through the years. That St. Regis is perfect with your Tux. Looking good Hats!

Dlaniger

Hey folks!
Many thanks for the likes and kind words on my recent posts.
Rounding out my selection of brown Homburgs (and 'burg-like others) is this freshly re-flanged Borden from the 50's, I believe, maybe earlier.

4e4d9ecf844c650fcb7ebdf0e00777da.jpg
5ba69c2b9cf14352e6bdea8c0327eaf3.jpg
5cf492237448fa050f234dd052c2b981.jpg

Good one of the brim

89811b9293d1d19c3ca6a8bd3a0eacdd.jpg

Off to dodge the raindrops!:)
Have a great day!