Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
774E29F6-6045-4329-A437-5268BA6373B3.jpeg
28A27604-D31A-4E84-B394-DDCE734E7EE9.jpeg
88E51765-01B3-4289-AEEC-E869AC6669C9.jpeg
4767759B-403D-4B23-8B84-06869CFAB3C1.jpeg
59DEE1A9-DAD9-4574-9CA7-9768ED00D617.jpeg
Greetings All:
Today it’s a Lee Adventure Blue Label, but i don’t see any blue. I do see some rain drops on it though. Good thing it’s a Water Bloc i guess. Ha
First time i’ve worn this one. It’s shy and old.
The quality of this felt is quite surprising. It is some of the thinnest, dense felt i have felt. I put it right there with Strat Vita Felts etc. Frank sure got these hats right.
Always my thanks for recent kind kudos.
Be well. Bowen

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 100 with VS ribbon treatment this morning for church. Didn't photograph well today. The jacket and ribbon appears gray. The ribbon is brown and the jacket is golden/brown. The picture of the fedora on the kitchen counter is more accurate for color.

View attachment 114564 View attachment 114565 View attachment 114566 View attachment 114567 View attachment 114568 View attachment 114569 View attachment 114570 View attachment 114571
Whew whoo!!
100 likes!!
Be well. Bowen

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Resistol Las Vegas (Cordova color) that @Michael R. gifted me. Flattened the brim and opened up the center dent a bit. There was an amazing amount of dye that came off when shaping it (I was just using distilled water). This was after a naptha bath. It now has a sort of mottled brown thing going on. I like it...

View attachment 114561

View attachment 114562
Greetings Bob et al:
Great hat guy. Love the color.
Makes me wanna go grab a big brown and wear it. Not as well as you though. Arghh!!
Good go Michael R. Class.
Be well. Bowen

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Resistol Las Vegas (Cordova color) that @Michael R. gifted me. Flattened the brim and opened up the center dent a bit. There was an amazing amount of dye that came off when shaping it (I was just using distilled water). This was after a naptha bath. It now has a sort of mottled brown thing going on. I like it...

View attachment 114561

View attachment 114562

That color looks good on you Bob ! You made it like brand New .

Greetings Bob et al:
Great hat guy. Love the color.
Makes me wanna go grab a big brown and wear it. Not as well as you though. Arghh!!
Good go Michael R. Class.
Be well. Bowen

Thanks Bowen. That Michael R. is pure class. What a gentleman.

Glad to see the Lee escaped the box. You should keep that one handy for awhile.

That color looks good on you Bob ! You made it like brand New .

Thanks Michael! Couldn't have done it without you.

Borsalino LEO Homburg today in the snow.

Great hat Michael! But that suit ... love it!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up

Hahaha, thanks Karl!

What an incredible lid. Wow.

I agree!

You have an amazing collection that never ceases to amaze Justin. Dig the shirt as well...

Many thanks, Bob!! I try to do okay

Thanks a lot, buddy.

That just gave me a seizure.

Glad to assist ;)

Cool hat Justin, looks right at home in the desert

That is does!

Agreed

Yeah, what Karl said! Super liner tip.

Cant beat the C&K, well... it's a tough one to top

Hard to beat that old hat for sure! Looking at the outside of the hat seems it was kept in very good condition by past owners.

It was, but I will come clean. This one had some refurbishing done. Body and liner are original, had ribbon was redone in the same style as original, which was thrashed, and sweatband was replaced as the original was non existent.

That is just so cool!

Thank you, friend!

Just another example of why Crofut & Knapp are my favorites. How wide is the brim?

The felt is amazing in hand. Brim comes to: 2" with a triple stitched overwelt measuring 1/2"

Gorgeous Justin. Great color.

Many thanks, brotha!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Azoico colour yesterday (still need to decide for today). The colour is more blue in reality than it shows here.

View attachment 114509

Holy cow, that color.. I like it a lot

I’ve switched up my wardrobe for CDL school. Here are my on-duty clothes, topped off with my new-to-me Mallory Twenty.

View attachment 114539

However, there’s no school today so I’m enjoying this fellow over the top of my more familiar Southeast Asian duds. You can take the boy out of Asia...

View attachment 114540

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan, best of luck in school. Both outfits are killer, and that Mallory is a sweet piece

View attachment 114546
Snow last night and this morning,BGCD Lounge Edition.

Great choice to take on the snowy weather

View attachment 114561

I like it as well!

Stetson 100 with VS ribbon treatment this morning for church. Didn't photograph well today. The jacket and ribbon appears gray. The ribbon is brown and the jacket is golden/brown. The picture of the fedora on the kitchen counter is more accurate for color.

View attachment 114564

Bill, you just checked all the boxes with that 100. Verrrrrrry nice

View attachment 114576 Greetings All:
Today it’s a Lee Adventure Blue Label, but i don’t see any blue. I do see some rain drops on it though. Good thing it’s a Water Bloc i guess. Ha
First time i’ve worn this one. It’s shy and old.
The quality of this felt is quite surprising. It is some of the thinnest, dense felt i have felt. I put it right there with Strat Vita Felts etc. Frank sure got these hats right.
Always my thanks for recent kind kudos.
Be well. Bowen

Great looking piece.

Borsalino LEO Homburg today in the snow.

Have a great Sunday,
Michael

Amazing homburg, Michael!

View attachment 114564 View attachment 114565 View attachment 114566 View attachment 114567 View attachment 114568 View attachment 114569 View attachment 114570 View attachment 114571
Fantastic looking hat Bill!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I see you have the fawn and graphite Banjo? Which one do you prefer and why? I'm leaning heavily towards getting one... (I am east asian and have a yellow hue, and am a bit concerned with blending in with the fawn; but I'm a bit concerned about the black being too warm for summers?)
Hello there, sorry for the late replay, lots of work,.

I like the fawn way better, the graphite is not really black is a shade that has a lot of ash tones on it, and I like a black hat to be black like the Coober Pedy shade.

I think you have a point in your skin tone, but I learned to forget about skin tones when I buy hats ;~D.

And, I do believe this one looks way better in fawn,! Also it goes better with different outfits, from jeans to black pants and a black shirt, somehow I feel that fawn mixes better than Graphite /Charcoal

But thats me, just my 2 cents.

But, believe me, you will love this one, its a very nice hat, well balanced anf elegant...

Sent from my ALP-L09 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk