Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is it, that kicks up these prices?

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Got another one from ebay some weeks ago - unfortunately it had a crack so it could not hold the tea.
This is how I use it now. Produced by A.J.Wilkinson.
My winning bid was £ 30.09 - Reduced price due to the crack:£ 15,00 + postage.

Well there you go. Your the one driving up those prices. Making them rarer and rarer ;)

Matt

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Got another one from ebay some weeks ago - unfortunately it had a crack so it could not hold the tea.
This is how I use it now. Produced by A.J.Wilkinson.
My winning bid was £ 30.09 - Reduced price due to the crack:£ 15,00 + postage.

Well there you go. Your the one driving up those prices. Making them rarer and rarer ;)

Matt

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up

Rycraft

New in Town
Did anything else come of the Repro on the mug? Aside from screening the logo. Is the handle a special design for tea mugs or just an aesthetic touch?

Dated Guy

Familiar Face
A village hall, back a few years where I lived, had a cupboard full of these exact mugs. They also had the arrowed logo War Department cups and saucers and, tea plates. One supposes they were either bought as a job lot for functions at the hall, or left behind when the nearby airfield cleared out after the war. Having said that, the airfield was basically all American in those days. I know the hall was used as a form of barracks back then. I suspect they are not there now....

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Not sure WHAT is happening on eBay with respect to WWII RAF items, but I can tell you that the WWII memorabilia market is WAY off according to my analytic tools (terapeak.com). -- FHH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko