Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Well, Belfast, I can only say that my ex wife had more shoes than you...other than that I am most impressed with your collection
Heck, compared to a lot of guys here in The Lounge I am just starting out. There is such a wealth of knowledge and experience here on this site. It is a huge open source of knowledge and members are so willing to share.

Smoking_Cowboy

New in Town
Hello everybody. Can somebody help me with this hat, what type is it? I like it very much, where to buy it? :)

Attachments

• henry1.jpg
    henry1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 565
  • henry2.jpg
    henry2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 556

DJH

I'll Lock Up
So here is the solution (and yes, it's Akubra [emoji1])

Buy a brown Fed IV from Hats Direct

Crease it like the photo

Trim the brim a little

Remove the ribbon

Kick it around the street for a few days

There ya go!!

jlw

One of the Regulars
This picture was taken in 1988. My father wore that Stetson all of the time until some moths got to it. I'm thinking it's a Cattleman, but I hope I can get a definitive answer here.

pops and glory-page-001.jpg

The other picture is him with that same filly. The straw hat he is wearing in it is some off brand something or other. The youngster in the background on the left also waiving is me wearing a Resistol from the early George Strait collection. I still have the hat, but the brim could use a little work.

pops and glory2-page-001.jpg

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yup its what North America calls a cattleman. Back then most came with a 3" brim, not the 4" that is normal nowadays. You will have to check Stetson, Resistol, smithbilt for their currant lineup to see if they offer one.
Not much hel but its a starting point.
Johnny

If you are looking for one like it take a look at the cutter crease which is a more modified cattleman. The pic is kind of washed out but I'm thinking it could be a cutter.

jlw

One of the Regulars
If you are looking for one like it take a look at the cutter crease which is a more modified cattleman. The pic is kind of washed out but I'm thinking it could be a cutter.

The pic is a scan of a blurry photograph. I'm not certain if there are any other pictures of the hat.

I remember when he bought it. There was an older guy back home that wore what I think (to the best of my memory) was an Open Road, and my father was looking for something similar. He wound up with the hat in the picture.

It's a damn nice hat is what it is. A Stetson Diplomat, likely from the early 50s (can't see the full liner tip to determine if it's older). And a Vita felt, to boot. That is a very desirable hat to a hat enthusiast. The sweatband appears in good shape; if you can, pics of the tags behind the sweat would be great.

Congratulations to your uncle. That's a lovely hat.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk