Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnny Q

New in Town
Tempo Fashions

I recently found a nice brown wool fedora at a flea market. It is labeled Tempo Fashions inside the crown and the sweatband has Tempo Fashions Designer Collection. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Tempo Fashions and when this hat might be from.

Johnny Q

New in Town
And also, please feel free to correct me if I am using the wrong terminology. I am new to this. I know what looks good on me, but don't know all the terms.

samb

New in Town
Anyone want to play: "What's this hat?"

hat image.jpg Hey guys,
This is a musician from the band Old Crow Medicine Show. I really like his style of hat but can't figure out what it is. It has, to my untrained eyes, a western/cowboy-ish crease kind of like those Open Road Stetsons but it doesn't look as large as those.
Any ideas?

If that attachment didn't work I've included a url.
Thanks all!

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...edicine-show-attends-big-news-photo/141504699

job

One Too Many
I believe it is a Milan straw hat with a cross between a cattleman's crease and front-ish dents.
I saw them a few years ago open up for John Prine. They sound like bluegrass from guys that grew up listening to The Eagles.

Last edited:

justthefacts

New in Town
Stetson Premier Straw Bob Evans Salesman hat

Hi,

I'm a newbie who usually lurks and appreciates the expertise of the members of this site.

I would like to date this hat.

Bought this hat at a small flea market near Columbus, OH. I have looked at resource material here and other sites, but would like opinions from real enthusiasts before offering this hat for sale.

The underside of the hat sweatband has a stamp showing the number 360635, but does not have a to-duplicate or inventory tag.

I'm guessing mid '50's because of the logo on the silk liner and the box. The little information I found about the Bob Evans logo suggests the hat was a presentation to a salesman for outstanding service and sales.

The hat looks new, the only tell tale sign the hat was ever worn is a sweat mark on the underside of the sweat band.

I plan to offer the hat on E-Bay and would like to give prospective bidders information that is accurate.

As far as value, I'm interested, but I may just start at a reasonable profit and let the market set the price. Unless of course someone wants to set me straight.

Any additional or corrective information is appreciated.

Thanks for any insight and time.

Alice
1z319vp.jpg
[/IMG]
23tpjm9.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points