Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite military vehicle of all time?

As we have the long-running favorite aircraft thread I thought I'd start one in a similar vein on favorite military vehicles.
Some of my favorites:

T-35 Heavy Tank, aka the "Land Battleship".

83841.jpg

M4A3E8 Sherman Variant

maxresdefault.jpg

M26 "Dragon Wagon" 40-ton Tank Transporter

dw_01.jpg

Last edited:
I actually have a scale model of one of these...
Piasecki VZ-8 Airgeep
piasecki ZV-8.jpg

In all the years my dad's family was in the salvage business, where they bought TONS of military surplus, I NEVER saw one. I STILL WANT one...

triple-d

A-List Customer
I actually have a scale model of one of these...
Piasecki VZ-8 Airgeep
View attachment 103034

In all the years my dad's family was in the salvage business, where they bought TONS of military surplus, I NEVER saw one. I STILL WANT one...
Cool factor is pretty high on that puppy......lol.....i have never seen one...were they really used ?

Harp

I'll Lock Up
The M151A2 Jeep. First ride, all mine. Even had a $14k radio bolted down inside that I used to pickup WCFL The Rock of Chicago off ships in the Pacific or Panama Canal.:D

101 Pathfinder

A-List Customer
I've always wanted a WWII Harley w/ sidecar:

View attachment 104203

View attachment 104204

The WLA. The Army asked both Harley and Indian to submit a 500 cc bike for trials. Indian did just that while Harley used their 45 inch/750 cc motor. It had more power than the Indian because of the larger displacement and won the contract. Harley basically cheated to win. Then again, as we used to say in the Army, if you ain’t cheat in’ you ain’t tryin’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Jim

A-List Customer
UAZ-469 (Russia)

04e094d123060d14f0a8032e5cc638aa--hot-cars-x.jpg

uaz_469.jpg
A friend refers to these as the "international" International Scout; I've always thought of them as a Jeep/IH Scout hybrid. They can nominally seat 4, but I can recall seeing that exceeded a few times. Like the Jeeps, Scouts, etc, they are a decent vehicle for poorly-maintained dirt roads, not-so-much for anyplace you hope to reach highway speeds. Like the Scouts, they designers had a very "agricultural" approach to engineering, resulting in a vehicle that can be maintained/repaired by just about anyone with a basic knowledge of mechanics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ