Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

SaraBell

Familiar Face
Hey, I mentioned earlier that my favorite red lipstick is red rhapsody by l'oreal in another post, but I was wondering what everyone else liked to use. I feel like I really need another good shade of red! lol

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
I love Besame too.

Cherry Red
Besame Red
Red Noir (a really dark color, but great for night's out :D )

On the low price end, I love la Femme. I have been wearing their "Bittersweet" color which is very similar to my favorite Besame color "Carmine".

Loreal Lmtd. Edition Decked in Red is also very nice. I was wearing it yesterday, with no other makeup, and a woman actually came up to me and said what a great color it was.

Naama

Practically Family
I love MAC lipsticks, they have a lot of great red shades. At the moment I use Powerhouse, but I want to get a new one, somehow I think I need a more bluish red.

Naama

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
I followed the impeccable advice of Jitterbugdoll and am a hardened fan of Mac's Ruby Woo.
I also use Chanel's Fire, but it's not the same as the Mac, that has such an authentic matt finish it's just great and SO BRIGHT!!

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
Hello,

My favoured reds are Bobbi Brown's Ruby and Estee Lauder's Black Wine. The Ruby lipstick is translucent, that's good when you don't want the bright full color.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
I just bought myself Mac's Russian Red today and it's lovely too! looks slightly darker than Ruby Woo.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I also have MAC's Russian Red and Viva Glam I. I also really like Benefit's Bachelor Pad, which on their website looks like it's either been discontinued or is out of stock. That's a shame, it's my favorite of the three I mentioned. I like Besame Red alright, but I don't really like how small they are and my lipstick broke off, and it really didn't stay on very long.

Honey Doll

Practically Family
I'm a MAC fanatic

I use MAC's Russian Red, Dubonnet, and Viva Glam I. I used to wear Carnal, but they discontinued it. It was a super deep vixen red.

I have Cherry Red from Beseame as well and it is lovely. I'm a bit more sparing with it though to make it last with that darling case, which is silly, not like a girl can't order more

Honey Doll

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
So far my favorite is Mehru's "Marvelous Melon". It is a real "lip stain" that stays for hours and does not smear, ever. I can go pretty natural with just a light coat of it, or more intense, depending on how many layers I apply.

--Leslie

Avalon

A-List Customer
NYC Ultra Moist Lipwear in "Retro Red" (just what it sounds like: a strong, blue-based red) and "Sheer Red" (a darker brown-red). In the summer I'll use a red gloss instead - like Milani Glossy Tubes in "Cherry Pop Shine" (looks fuschia on the website, but is a bright, clear red). All of them are drugstore brands, and none of them are over $3. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto