Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your vintage dream purchase??

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
First off, I'd like to have my own Vintage Media Empire. I'd start off with my own radio station, which would emphasize live local programming -- a full news staff and other air talent, live musical programming, and most of all live drama in the evenings.

Might you be induced to conduct small, one-studio, black-and-white experiments in television?

If not, I'll happily step in as orchestra leader.

Until then, I'll be quite content with a re-jiggered example of RCA's RR359 Field Test Receiver.

nbc115360011.jpg

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Ooh these are good! Well, I am serious when I say that when I win the lottery, I am opening up a Golden Era style salon in the vain of The House of Westmore... The legendary Westmore brothers opened it up in 1933 and it even had a secret entrance for the men's grooming side! Stars & tourists could be coiffed by the best artists of the industry...My 'House' will be all 30's & 40's period with proper music, uniforms, and services...and will be like you just stepped back in time. Wish me luck!

Speedster

Practically Family
This is my vintage dream purchase:

porsche008.jpg

My Porsche 356 A Speedster. I bought it 6 years ago. It was a very nicely built replica of the real thing.

The day after taking delivery of it we found out my wife was pregnant, and that ownership of the car would
not be longterm.

We sold it three years ago. One day i would like to own a genuine Porsche 356 Speedster.

Another of my vintage dream purchases would be a 1932 Ford A Old School Hot Rod:

1932-Ford-Flathead.jpg

Ruby Slippers

One of the Regulars
My dream purchase would be a townhouse on the upper east side. An old one, with the original details, furnished with golden-era furniture. Also, a dog (a rescue from a shelter). In it, I would have my own studio. I would trade my shabby drafting table for a vintage one, and draw comics like they used to.

I'd also love a record collection. And of course something to play them on.

I will be dreaming for a LONG time.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire, you beat me to it!

I as well would love a Spitfire Mk.II or either a Hurricane Mk.I

I'd also want a Blower Bentley to get around in as well.

Pie in the sky but dreams are free :)

vonwotan

Practically Family
My dream purchase would be a Yankee Clipper. Stepping back in time to flying the Yankee Clipper from Marine Air Terminal in NYC has been a long time dream.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
41 Buick

My dream purchase would be a 1941 Buick Century. Beautiful car, very deco, streamlined. Great powerplant in the straight 8 320 cubic inch dual carburetor engine. It was the most powerful motor available on an American car, putting out 165 horses, compared to the 150 hp of the Cadillac 346 cubic inch V8.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
also . . .

Oh, yeah. Radios. I have a 10 tube 1941 Zenith 10S567 console radio, but there are a couple of great tube radios I'd love to own. Zenith had a 22 tube top of the line radio in the late 30's, and Philco had a 22 tube beast, I think it was the 37-670. Something like that. These top end tube radios are just a couple thousand dollars now. It amazes me that these gorgeous relics (I mean, the woodwork alone is stupendous) are not looked upon as Stradaverias's of their own genre and priced accordingly. So much the better for us collectors. With this new doodad that I recently got I can hear any source material I want on them. The doodad is the AMT3000 AM transmitter made by an outfit called SSTran. You can find it online.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I would like to own an original backless evening dress by Coco Chanel, the color flesh pink or beige, in silk. Circa 1925. :)
I don't own any vintage clothes at all, but if I would, that would be it.

lady eel

New in Town
Folly said:

I'm with LD, must know more about that stunning art nouveau piece!
I JUST got this vintage Pucci dress. I fell in absolute love with the print. Looks like your pin could have been the inspiration for it.
pucci4.jpg

This particular F-106 airframe, currently parked in the museum at Holloman AFB:
f106-560454-main.jpg

Fully restored to flyable (if disarmed; I'll gladly compromise on that to get a prof's old bird back in the air!) status and this paintjob:
flightline2.jpg

Back when it was his "boss-bird" of the local interceptor squadron--finding good color shots of that 2-tone blue "North Star" tail-art's near impossible.
EDIT: Found one!
2738662270102157114S600x600Q85.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana