Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your vintage dream purchase??

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
I'd probably buy a grand hotel, preferably in Europe. The Sacher comes to mind.

537px-Hotel_Sacher.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
I JUST got this vintage Pucci dress.

Nice pin and dress.
Dragonflys during the Art Nouveau period were a common design.
I bought a dragonfly pin recently and it is huge. I was surprised.

Well if I could dream about anything vintage I would want all the Moser, Lalique, Steuben, Tiffany, Galle, Daum, Loetz glass and items I could find and put them all in my museum.
Then I could charge joepublic to see it and then I could open a civic project unknown before on the grandest scale.

http://www.biltmore.com/

This may do but not sure as I am a bit picky.

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
DanielJones said:
A 1937 Cord convertable. Why my father ever let this one go is a mystery that will boggle me forever.
a_1937_Cord_812SC.jpg

A 1949 Buick Roadmaster, hardtop or convertable, but not this color, I've seen one in a sunset yellow that was to kill for.:rolleyes:
buickrd49rf.jpg

And of course I would love to get my hands on my Pops first car that he bought for $75. A Model A Ford Roadster, stock.
baldyroad2.jpg

Another one that my Pop had, a 1955 For Crown Victoria. Red & white of course. He traded it for a Chris Craft Cabin Cruiser a few years later.
55ford01.jpg

1947cc.jpg

But of course my personal all time favorite is the 1954 Chevy Bel Air.
54chvy04.jpg

Just my small (if I win the Lottery) wish list.;)

Cheers!

Dan

Great pics! Love the '49 Buick and the '54 Chevy is always a good choice.

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
In addition to loving the '46 Caddie and '49 Buick posted, I would like: (in no particular order)
'59 Caddie
'68 Chevy Chevelle SS
'67 Chevy Impala SS
'57 Chevy Bel Air
'58 Chevy Impala
'50 Caddie
and maybe a '54 Buick Skylark.

I think there are waaaaay too many clothes, jewelry and furnishings to even start. Let's just say lots of Deco, Hollywood Regency and classic '50s items.

And a full size jukebox.
:)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
For a long time, it was a 1939 Lincoln Zephyr - very rare. Look at that mean grille! The Zephyr only had this look from 1939 - 1941.

39lincolnzephyr.jpg

I'm not so sure anymore. Something 50s might be more to my liking. Regardless, I would not turn down a Zephyr. What a fine looking automobile.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Folly said:
Apparently, this is the Dragonfly Corsage by Rene Lalique, c. 1897-98, and it is over 10 by 10 inches, a subtle little brooch that would cover you from shoulder to shoulder!. Nice! Gold, enamel, chrysopase, diamonds and moonstones.

I prefer the Cartier pieces myself -

tutti-frutti2.jpg

dcartier1.jpg

I have nice fakes of bracelet, earrings, dress clip and brooch, but no necklace yet. But I wouldn't say no to the real thing!

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
John in Covina said:
I'd like to get a waterfall front style art deco bedroom suite. I am considering re-doing my bedroom.

John, my friend wants to sell her 1930's waterfall bedroom set. She is in LA. Should I put you two in touch?

anglophile

One of the Regulars
A vintage georgian house in an English cathedral close

A wardrobe that not all vintage but could be due to style and quaility

A time machine, I think Lucille Ball and I would have gotten along well.

A set of Agatha Christie first edditions.

RIOT

Practically Family
THE ROTHSCHILD MANSION

at East 70th Street between Madison and Park Avenues

rothschild.jpg

Which is for sale right now for $35,000,000USD :rolleyes:

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
A copy of Richard Neutra's Los Angeles Lovell House...
steel_2_neutra.jpg

...but recreated in wood in Vancouver, BC, after the manner of Arthur Erickson's "BC Houses."
2220372912_8f45c7767f.jpg

The Marine Transport Building, Vancouver, to serve as the international headquarters of Fletch Worldwide.
71978805_bdb3452031.jpg

One of the two Dornier Do X flightships bought and then "disappeared" by the Italian government. This is the Do X3.
Dornier-Do-X3.jpg

...and dockage at Coal Harbour just off downtown.
vancouver_coalharbour.jpg

Fletch said:
One of the two Dornier Do X flightships bought and then "disappeared" by the Italian government.
Speaking of "'disappeared' aircraft", how 'bout XB-70 prototype AV/3?
xb-70a.JPG

Sorry, it's bigger than I'd like, but it's a REALLY good render, albeit only of AV/1... Guess that illustrates where some of Project Infiltrator's design came from for ya...

Yeah, a Valkyrie's big, a gas-hog and requires ridiculous ground-support equipment, but when she touches down there's no mistaking her raw presence.

CaddyKid21

One of the Regulars
This is a difficult, so many choices.

Id buy back the 21 Club from Orient Express, bring back the Winchester and the Hunt Room, which are now the Orchid Room (stupid) & Harbor Room( Stupider: :rage: ). With doing this, I will hold Thanksgiving in it every year like my family used to, plus the Christmas parties. I would also magically get all of the stuff they tossed from the storage units back when they acquired 21.

A 1930's or 40's craftsman house with a Black 1937 Buick Roadmaster in the driveway, complete with a aluminum "Papoose" trailer. A closet filled with 30's-50's attire for every occasion.

The house at the Hamptons my Great Grandparents had, including a personal dock for the S.S. Delphine.
SS_Delphine.JPG

A drive in Movie Theater/ Art Deco theater in Culver City, L.A.

The Hartman V-16 Cadillac.

A Tucker Torpedo, Black.

Oh and the 1919 Tercat Mery Touring:
2006_04.jpg

So many things to dream of.

carter

I'll Lock Up
How to escape Depression...or not.

OK, what is the origin of this Time Machine? I want one! (Does Sharper Image have these featured in their GOB sale?)
dcorvinotimemachine001x.jpg

So I can go back to 1937 ("Oh. Really?" She commented, with raised eyebrow.) and buy a new Cord.
a_1937_Cord_812SC.jpg

As long as I can make it a round-trip.

carter

I'll Lock Up
lady eel said:
I'm with LD, must know more about that stunning art nouveau piece!
I JUST got this vintage Pucci dress. I fell in absolute love with the print. Looks like your pin could have been the inspiration for it.
pucci4.jpg

lady eel, Please tell us more about this piece. This dress is absolutely STUNNING!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points