Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket are you wearing 'this month?'

Qinhan

Familiar Face
I want to point out that those Flatheads arent mine. I just found them and showed for reference.

Im still working on getting a good pair. My first pair I didnt wash inside out so they got wierdlooking, I had to bleach them in clorine and they turned out *very* light so they are summer jeans only....barely. My second pair got alright, but not quite there so Im hoping for the IronHearts.

And Butte there is a great feeling of not having to think "what pants should I wear today" since you wear the same ones every day :lol:

I'll second that. I wear my Iron Heart jeans everyday that the weather permits. Choosing what goes on my lower half no longer requires any thought.

Craig

New in Town
worthlesswithoutpics

Not exactly....but please feel free to post pics, i love pics of leather jackets :D

I tried several times to post a pic, but it didn't go through. Maybe a browser issue? I tried with Safari. The FAQ mentions something about having pics in an album, but I can't see where the album uploader is on my profile. Any help would be great.

gruvi

Familiar Face
I tried several times to post a pic, but it didn't go through. Maybe a browser issue? I tried with Safari. The FAQ mentions something about having pics in an album, but I can't see where the album uploader is on my profile. Any help would be great.
Just use a photobucket account. Copy and paste IMG links here. Works perfectly all the time for me. I view the site here in PC mode.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I'll second that. I wear my Iron Heart jeans everyday that the weather permits. Choosing what goes on my lower half no longer requires any thought.

Hmm my IH are starting to smell now. They actually started a while back so they went into the freezer and then aired out on the balcony. I have done this 3 times now and still think they smell abit. I fear I´m gonna have to wash them soon, and they are just starting to fade nicely. :(
I think it might be because I wore them throughout the winter with all the slush on the streets.

Sorry guys, this whole "wear your pants for a year unwashed" thing is too much for me. I even tested my abilities by not washing a pair of daily jeans for a few days and it made me very uncomfortable. Just not my thing I guess. They look nice, but maybe I can find a proxy to wear a pair for a year and give them back to me lol

Gambetto

Familiar Face
I wear about five or six jackets per month, weather permitting. I am currently awaiting an Aero that will be forthcoming: a 1930's Half Belt in cordovan. Just in time for summer! Argh. It's not too warm: I opted for a brown cotton drill. I am told that drill is lighter than black.

Maybe I will be able to wear it one or two days before the heat sets in. I plan on sleeping in the jacket to help break it in. That is, if people are serious about doing that. I never could tell if it was a joke or not.

Maybe I will be able to wear it one or two days before the heat sets in. I plan on sleeping in the jacket to help break it in. That is, if people are serious about doing that. I never could tell if it was a joke or not.
No, it's not a joke. If you read the forum, there's lots of weird things we do here. That's not even weird compared to many of them lol

Ha! I like you guys. You're my speed.
I should have put in a warning that the behaviors exhibited here might get you on the questionable side of your mate/materess. I know my wife likes to simply proclaim (in a sarcastic voice) "Star Wars" when I'm talking jackets and associated gear. Yeah, she thinks it's "cute" and all, but she also likes to jab. That's why I married her :)

Qinhan

Familiar Face
Hmm my IH are starting to smell now. They actually started a while back so they went into the freezer and then aired out on the balcony. I have done this 3 times now and still think they smell abit. I fear I´m gonna have to wash them soon, and they are just starting to fade nicely. :(
I think it might be because I wore them throughout the winter with all the slush on the streets.

Yeah, I only managed to last about 3.5 months before my first wash. The thought of all this weird bacteria growing in my pants was too much to bear. The jeans are still wearing in nicely though.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Barbour

It was pretty cold today and looked like rain, so I grabbed my Barbour International waxed jacket. It didn't rain, but it turned out to be woman riders day at the dealer, so glad I dressed up for a change!

Lear

One of the Regulars
Still wearing the black FQHH Aero Veste. It'll soon be packed away and replaced with the same model in cordovan. I find the one inch shorter (body + sleeves) cordovan to be perfect for warmer months. Having the FQHH stop at about the same place your dress shirt would, gives a feeling of comfort. It just looks right for summer.

The cordovan is breaking in nicely. It has character... my character. Yes, it still bleeds a little onto shirt collars and front of trousers; I tend to lean forward when seated/talking, resting arms on top of the FQHH. It's still heavy (obviously). It's also a little too warm for UK summer. Wouldn't have it any other way though. I love my Aero :)

Lear

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I put my Barbour on again today, good thing to, it got to do what it was designed to do. The sky cut lose, had to ride across town, upper body was nice and dry, not so lucky on the legs!

Edward

Bartender
This last couple of weeks I have virtually lived in my Aero Thirties Halfbelt. I might give the Bootlegger an outing tomorrow. It's soon going to be too warm for either here, and I'm off to Beijing for ten days on Tuesday, so no point taking one with me there.... Soon be A2 / Wested Indy weather.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Last week we had summer-temperatures, so T-shirt and chino.

Today it is cold like in autumn, so my Highwayman in the morning and in the evening (walking the dog) my M65 jacket (original from the the seventies).

Regards,

Johannes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana