Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tellason Chore Coat

mQDpMHMh.jpg
IF4660sh.jpg
YHJlipnh.jpg
go9XK9Qh.jpg

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Temps just cool enough to justify a light jacket on doggo's morning constitutional jaunt so I opted for this Schott. Had to shed it about half way thru. It's deceptively warm despite its light weight. Nice to be getting back in the game tho. Bring on October, 40 degrees and rain.
View attachment 85451

I need one of these jackets to pair with my BGGCD :D
oAHqkAAl.jpg

After furiously obsessing over the broken zip pull all night I put the j106 on this morning and it zipped right up. I almost wonder if the pull was the problem? Setting the slider at a funky angle? I don't know but I think for now I'll just leave well enough alone.
View attachment 85586
Just want to give a huge public thanks to Denny at Aero, who in seeing this thread, offered to send me replacement pulls free of charge. Man that's the kind of customer service that makes for life long customers and I'm just putting the finishing touches on my Aero order that will be my pièce de résistance of cross zip orders from Aero, and knowing how well they back their product...I couldn't be happier.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
After furiously obsessing over the broken zip pull all night I put the j106 on this morning and it zipped right up. I almost wonder if the pull was the problem? Setting the slider at a funky angle? I don't know but I think for now I'll just leave well enough alone.
View attachment 85586
Glad to hear the zip still works, and that a more permanent fix is on the way. Great jacket.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Vintage made in Canada College jacket (from the 1960s?):
29e85c42cd1c5a57577ec402fabb6b5a.jpg

eaa8ecd4da53f36f5fdc72d88d52ac17.jpg

My favorite jacket at the moment. Bought this in Vancouver four years ago and still love it to the bones. My go-to jacket right now.

When everything's collapsing, trust the kids!
- www.zekimin.com -
Super school colors at that college. I have a newer Canadian made lettermans type jacket, but it is black on black. That blue with natural leather is superb. Can see why you are liking it.

Michael

Reactions: A-1

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Just want to give a huge public thanks to Denny at Aero, who in seeing this thread, offered to send me replacement pulls free of charge. Man that's the kind of customer service that makes for life long customers and I'm just putting the finishing touches on my Aero order that will be my pièce de résistance of cross zip orders from Aero, and knowing how well they back their product...I couldn't be happier.

Exact same thing happened to me. I had broken the zipper pull of my Aero cafe racer, mentioned it in passing in one of the threads here (probably this same one), next thing somebody from Aero contacted me and sent several replacement zipper pulls halfway round the world at no cost to me. Now that's customer service! Way to go Aero!

sweetfights

Damn! Yeah I'm not far from that myself I fear. If I don't line it up with scientific precision it just folds and I give up. I need to try the wax. I forgot you'd mentioned that before. I hate to replace a zip that's not broken but a big fat ass YKK or RIRI would make life so much easier.

It is the only weakness I have experienced with Lost World's. Zipper can be hit or miss. But I have also had to replace an Aero zipper.

sweetfights

Well, inspired by your pics I busted out my j106 for a try on. Aaaaaannd I wish I hadn't!
View attachment 85564
Taken seconds before the snap:
View attachment 85565
I think these little Talons are made of pig iron. Snapped the sucker right in half. Granted it's a #6 going up against 12 lbs of cow but man. I really wish Aero would consider a heavier zip. I understand the desire for historical accuracy but it would take four original Buco's to equal this jackets weight. It's 3/4" thick at each side of the zipper. For now, sigh, I'll roll with this:
View attachment 85566

Really sucks !! When my Aero Cafe Racer zipper broke I went to Amazon and spent $7 for the brass heavy duty zip then paid $40 to a shoe cobbler to replace- Now it is perfection!
YKK 26" Extra Heavy Duty Jacket Zipper (Special Custom) #10 Brass Separating

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points